Skip to content

Post to Blacklist

I have made a huge blacklist - of sites that have been successfully 'hit' - and have a different offer I want to send, so I want to create a new campaign using only the blacklist. I've exported it, unchecked and even deleted it from the software, then loaded in the sites (600k) and they all get filtered out. I can't figure this out. Technically, I don't have a blacklist right now as I removed it. Why are they still getting filtered?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    whats the exact status message?
  • Nothing, just they're all getting filtered. It's not urgent at all, though.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    even with latest update?
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    Maybe try adding a random site to the blacklist to reset it / cache / whatever? 
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    Did you add them to the project blacklist or the global blacklist? 

When they get filtered, it turns them blue, in the url list.  Does it add any text next to them, or just say "filtered"  usually it will say filtered xyz 

where xyz is some reason. 

Also did you create a new project using new or did you duplicate an existing project?
  • u have to add them to global blacklists
  • Thanks Loopline - I added them to global blacklist as I have various projects that I run as split testing for different messages.

So, when it came to testing, I removed the whole global blacklist but it still acted like it was there - filtering all of the known successful target URLs.

• looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    edited May 2018
    Might be a write permissions issue where you removed the global blacklist but it didn't update.  You could try closing down website contact and restarting it and see if that sorts it. 

Im not 100% certain where the global blacklist is stored. 

Edit: 
    In your
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GSA Website Contact

in that folder there is a file called config.ini

if you open the ini file in notepad or similar, you can see at the bottom of it is where the global blacklist is.  Are the domains still there even after you removed them from website contact?