Skip to content

Access Violation

After rebooting my system today,  GSA PI gave me a nasty message stating "Access violation at address 0...C22C66 in module"
What was worse then the message was I lost all my GSA PI programs. Everything was wiped clean. This is very concerning considering the amount of time allocated to certain programs that are Monitoring live jobs with millions of scrapped links.

Also, once the error message has been "OK" and GSA PI is running, the error message continues to pop-up during use!
I feel like a beta tester utilizing this program for a bug report! Even when I check the program for updates, it gives me an error message "Access violation at address 0...4F7644 in module"
What is wrong with GSA PI?????????????????????

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm, sorry to hear you're having issues. That's weird, I'm running 5 pi projects on my end right now without issue. Every once in a while its good to right click on a project > backup all projects ... just to be safe.

Maybe some files got corrupt. Have you tried doing a full uninstall/reinstall?
  • s4nt0s - thanks for the reply. Yeah, but I don't want to lose info that might be buried within PI that can be retrived if possible. Was hoping someone might know where if at all, our programs might be backed up before erasing all data by doing a reinstall. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @CrashDummy - Projects would be stored in C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\GSA Platform Identifier

The file would be called projects.json

If its not there, I don't think you would be able to get it back unfortunately.