Skip to content

Memory problem

Hi Sven,
I think there is a memory problem going on with IS when adding files from a folder. After deleting the loaded files from IS window the memory usage stays on the same level. Sometimes, I can't delete the image files in Windows as IS is still accessing them.
When you have some time can you have a look at it, please.
Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I tried to reproduce this here but haven't been able to detect any memory leak. Could it be some extremely big image you try to load/display?
  • I use it on images that are 10MB each and load anything between 2 to 10 at once. When I load the images I can see the memory usage is growing quite a bit but then it comes down to a lower level.

When I load more than around 5 images IS displays error messages and doesn't show the preview. But here I don't need the preview anyway so I just doesn't pay attention to it and click export anyway. I do what I want with the images in the export window then I delete the images from the main window.

The problem is that the memory usage doesn't go down to the initial 38MB that I have at the beginning of the program. It just stays on the above mentioned lower level which could be anything from a couple of hundred to couple of GB.
    I think this causes IS to crash eventually. I've sent you a bug report today too.

Anyway, it's not that big of a problem that I can't live with it. Restarting the program every now and then seems to solve the issue but I thought you want to know about it.

oh it'S a big problem for me...every bug is actually.
    so loading images and clearing the list would let me probably see the issue / mem leak I guess.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "...oh it'S a big problem for me...every bug is actually." @Sven

Sven, I am aware this is the thread for GSA Image Spider this time. :)

Either way, it's great that you put so much care into ALL your GSA software.

It's always inspiring, honestly!
    latest update should use way less memory and also load the preview images a lot faster. Though on really big images it might still be too much, please report back if the new version still crashes.