Skip to content

get GSA CG to use The Best Spinner Favorite settings?

I cannot set up CG to use My Favorites for spintax, it only gives me the option to use:
Normal English Thesaurus
Cloud Thesaurus

I can't figure out how to get CG to use the Favorites settings from TBS, and SpinRewriter does not seem to use any of words from the CG thesaurus I built.
But.

If I can learn to export the db for KWs I built with GSA CG, I might be able to fix it.

If I open the db with Notepad it looks like this:
GC6-#Vshqglqj#Krxuv~   4‹  5!   6Ý  6ug 7 8 ;w  d#edg   Z   D#edvlf3   „   
d#elw#pruh d#errvw d#eudqg0qhz d#eulhi|   
d#eurdg0edvhg7   d#fdxvhp    d#fdxwlrq 
d#fhoheudwlrq d#fhuwdlq‚   
d#fkdoohqjlqj d#fkdqfh 
d#fohdq#vodwh d#frpprqŒ    d#frpsdq| d#frpsuhkhqvlyh#   +  -  D#frqvlvwhqw d#frqwuroohg#uhohdvh d#frqylqflqje   d#frxsoh0   d#frxsoh#ri 
d#gdpdjlqj d#gdqjhurxv>   ?   =  d#ghdwk d#ghfolqh 
d#ghfuhdvh!   r   
d#ghwdlohg d#gliilfxow  

How can I can convert that to this format:

word|worda|wordb|wordc

I can then import that db into TBS and use if from there. TBS will allow me to spin all the articles in a folder using Favorites and CG will allow me to export all the scraped articles to a folder. So, first I export, then I would spin using Favorites

Doing it that way should allow me to get much better spins.

Unless you know of another way, which would bypass all these extra steps.

Is there something that will allow me to convert the two formats? 

I work in a pretty specific niche, if I use the universal spin it will sound like I am drunk, stupid and speaking English as a second language if I am lucky, most of the spins I am looking at don't make any sense at all.

I also made sure to use "samearticle" and to read them before the spin to make sure I had good content to put into my spins.  The articles were fine and I still got junk. but I do think the above conversion, if I can do it, will fix the problem. Or maybe there is a setting in CG that will fix it too. I think I was told that CG will push the setting I put into its db into my spinner. I am just not sure how to do it.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can not convert or edit the sdb format yourself. Im sorry but thats something I have not added to not allow others steal the data I have in it.
    If you want, I can do that for you manually if you send me the sdb file.
    ---
    However, if you want to use the sdb for TBS then for what reason? GSA Content Generator can spin files in a folder itself from that SpinDB GUI already. And if you save that database to the right place and enable internal spinner only, it will insert spin on export anyway.

• edited April 2018
    I tried that, using only the internal spinner with my addiction db and it gave me some odd stuff. 

And, while I appreciate the offer to look at my addiction db, I would not ask you to do all that work for just me. That would be way beyond product support, but still, thanks.

It is the weekend in USA, so let me play with it some more.
    Thanks Sven.

Edit:
    Is it possible the spins look weird because it is mixing the internal spinner synonyms with my list of synonyms.
    For instance, CG is inserting the word "restoration" for "recovery". In addiction nobody would call it "alcohol restoration".
    Could that be because CG is using both my list and the internal list of synonyms? And is there a way to turn it off?
    CG is only using one internal db...and that is the spin.sdb file in the appropriate lang_data sub folder.
  • edited April 2018
    I have created a rather large list of synonyms and comparable phrases in the alcoholism/addiction/recovery niche. Is there a way to tell CG to only use the db that I created?
    This niche is pretty technical when it comes to terminology. it is not very technical or scientific when it comes to treatment. But hey, if you want to extort 30 billion dollars a year from desperate people, you gotta sound like you know what you are doing. 

Anyway, is there a way to suppress the CG database and only use my db when I am spinning addiction articles. BUT I would want to use the CG db when spinning in other niches.
    yes, simply overwrite the default spin.sdb with yours. Maybe keep an backup of the original.

• edited April 2018
    I absolutely want a backup of the original. I will use it for stuff outside of the addiction niche.

**Is the db stored in a particular folder. I am not in front of my own machine right now to look.
    **Can CG import a .txt file thesaurus created with The Best Spinner? (Even if it cannot I can still import the articles and get the synonyms that way.)

**Also can you tell me if CG's spinner will first spin phrases and then single keywords,is there a hierarchy? I think spinning phrases gives better results, but I don't know that because I don't know the heirarchy.

**I noticed that SpinRewriter has the ability to protect Keywords when using their website spinner. Is there a way to set that to work in CG?

Either way, my results are getting much better now. And this will only improve them more.

Thanks Sven. (GSA hits another homerun, knocks it right out of the ballpark. I have SER and it is awesome too.)

A day or two more of tinkering around and I think I am going to get some pretty good spins for Tiers 2 and lower.

As far as I can tell, your spinner is every bit as good as TBS. I don't think you can edit the spins in yours, but if your just spinning without hand editing, yours is great and it is fast. This is going to be a great system.

• edited April 2018
    Please don't forget about the above post;
    And:
    CG says I can create a new language db. So I tried and named one "addiction" and went through the steps of creating it. CG then told me to use Libre to import words but I couldn't. I could not find the "addiction" db to import to. 
    Also, I don't have any Libre files, but I did import a bunch of my spun files and created a list of phrases and synoyms. I "saved" those to a db. I tried to import it but no luck.

The whole thing failed.  How am I gonna create my own db? And once I have it how will I switch between the niche specific db and the regular/default internal spinner db (that comes with CG). I will want to use that for non-technical niches.

the db is stored in this folder as written before: c:\users\<login>\appdata\roaming\gsa content generator\lang_data\<language>
    --
    import of spinner format: I don'T know how this format looks like, I guess not. Please send that to me and I add support
    --
    way to spin: yes it will first spin phrases and later words if previously not spinned phrase.
    --
    protect words: yes, you can specify that per project in filters
    ---
    import problems: just send the data over to my by email and I have a look whats wrong.
  • edited April 2018
    sorry, I guess I missed this part:
    the db is stored in this folder as written before: c:\users\<login>\appdata\roaming\gsa content generator\lang_data\<language>

Thank you.

I sent an email with the attached db.