Skip to content

If I delete an email, and then create a new one, will the older created accounts be accessible?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
Good day, GSA pplz! :)

The other day, I tried changing the catchall emails on a ton of projects at once, specifically the top (spintax) part.

While the FNR utility did the job, it made those accounts unusable!!  No other danage to the Projects had been done, thankfully.  (I forgot, I did learn these were encrypted files, def my own fault!  :p )

So, I deleted the broken accounts and added the accounts again with my new spintax, as I had tried to do with FNR.

My question is, when I re-added the accounts, I did so with the NEW spintax for the account names, as I said.

Will SER be able to login to these accounts to verify past emails created with the older email entry, with the same account and PW, but a different spintax at the top?

Or do I have to create a second email (with the same email, POP3, and PW) having a different spintax (the old one I had before) at the top?

Any knowledgeable ppl who happen upon this, let me know if you know! THANKS~! :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ye, as the login data is stored for each account (email, login, password,...). It doesn'T matter if you have that email in the list or not.
    the email accounts in settings are only used for new accounts.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited March 2018
    "the email accounts in settings are only used for new accounts." -@Sven

I thought these had to be in the list to be used to verify new accounts? And that if you want to not create any new accounts, but still be able to verify, just uncheck but leave in the list. 

Sven, do you mean that this is all somehow waaaay off? lol  :|

for new accounts and those to do email verification on (before login/submit) the email is required in the list so SER knows how to check emails.
    After that, it is not required (present accoutnts).
    OK. That much I understand.  Thanks for letting me know at least that part I got right. :)

But...

If I deleted a catch-all (like I did) because I messed it up (or whatever), and then make a slightly different catch-all using the same PW, POP3, and Login details, BUT...

Slightly vary the spintax for the top field, and then make the NEW catch-all e-mail the same as the one that's been deleted, except with a different spintax field, but same login, POP3, and PW, will SER be able to use those emails instead?

Or, do I need to restore the older e-mail with the original spintax, even tho the other details are identical?

Sorry; I've been a bit murky explaining all this today. :| I kept writing "account" when I meant e-mails.

Anyway, this is where I am right now; I don't want to waste any links that may still need verification made before I trashed the original catch-alls and e-mails with FNR.
    nothing to worry about if the domain stays the same.
    Whew! I was concerned about this.  Good knowing it's all good. :)

Thanks for the info, Sven! Have a great weekend! :)