Skip to content

Universal Footer??

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited February 2018 in Feature Requests
What's up GSA world! :)

I know we all keep inundating Sven with requests! It's great these don't have ACTUAL weight or mass!  Sven wouldn't have room to move. lol

With that said, @Sven, I was wondering if it would be helpful to have a universal article footer setting?

So, regardless of which anchors I use, I can stick a (spinnable) copyright notice at the end of the articles.

Why not? For higher quality/rather expensively sourced content, it seems like an OK idea.

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    ...even if the footer copyright name just matched the generated username or user's name, I wonder if this adds legitimacy to posted content and thus potential effect on stick rate???
  • I would vote for an extra article window or simply a file's content that we could use to inject extra content into the articles. This could be injected at the beginning, between a paragraph, random or end.

However this could be done with macros it means that we have to modify the articles in advance and if you already have a bunch of articles ready then there aren't any tools to do that.
    edited March 2018
    "I would vote for an extra article window or simply a file's content that we could use to inject extra content into the articles. This could be injected at the beginning, between a paragraph, random or end."

Hmm...I guess either way would work. The extra box could be cool. You could use it for spoilers and random stuff, too.

I can make a .dat file and add a macro to all the articles. But how do I use mass search and replace for this? The only commonality is that it's the last character. Is there an EOF character I can add to my search??

Essentially, how do I easily append an existing article to add the footer?
  • I'm on the market to find a nice tool for this too so let me know if you find anything cool.

However, there are two tools I use for this sort of stuff but both have limitations.
    -Scrapebox has a premium plugin called Article Scraper. It has a word replace function but it's very basic.
    -SCM has a content inserter function which can be used for such tasks but it takes time to get to know the quirks of the software.
    fnr.exe small fw utility that you can use to easily search and replace files on your HDs. Smaller and lighter than anything I've found. It works.

Can ScapeBox's Article Scraper work with local files as well?

I guess if you're accessing a VPS via FTP and not Virtual Desktop, this is how you'd do it with that util?? I'm confused.

Out of all this I see two things:

1. A window that could place a string of defined text or point to a file that could be set at header, footer, 1/3 down the page, 1/2 way down, 3/4 down, and maybe checkboxes for these, so even if it all points at the same file, or same text, if u spin it, u could have multiple outputs on the same page and all of them could all be unique!!   :)   GSA-SER is a publishing platform, nothing less.  This has so many uses, maybe it'll happen?? Sick idea, TheGypsy.

2. Maybe some small util like fnr.exe could be built-in to SER as a util? So u could do search and replace in sets of files (user checkboxes which sets) top alter settings en-masse that are otherwise inaccessible thru SER's single attribute multi-change function.
    edited March 2018
    fnr.exe small fw utility that you can use to easily search and replace files on your HDs. Smaller and lighter than anything I've found. It works.

Can ScapeBox's Article Scraper work with local files as well?

I guess if you're accessing a VPS via FTP and not Virtual Desktop, this is how you'd do it with that util?? I'm confused.

Out of all this I see two things:

1. A window that could place a string of defined text or point to a file that could be set at header, footer, 1/3 down the page, 1/2 way down, 3/4 down, and maybe checkboxes for these, so even if it all points at the same file, or same text, if u spin it, u could have multiple outputs on the same page and all of them could all be unique!!   :)   GSA-SER is a publishing platform, nothing less.  This has so many uses, maybe it'll happen?? Sick idea, TheGypsy.

2. Maybe some small util like fnr.exe could be built-in to SER as a util? So u could do search and replace in sets of files (user checkboxes which sets) to alter settings en-masse that are otherwise inaccessible thru SER's single attribute multi-change function.
    Sorry for above re-post.

Just wanted to add: Why not allow separate files for header, footer, etc?

Really, I think these may be worthwhile additions, especially if a user has a large article collection. Or, just wants to try new ways to publish contextual content.
  • There was a SAP called FCS networker once and it had two additional content window with placement options to it's article manager. It worked beautifully for web 2.0s

Article scraper is a premium plugin that can do so many things if you are on a budget but as I said it's not perfect.
     Check it out here:

edited March 2018
    "There was a SAP called FCS networker once and it had two additional content window with placement options to it's article manager. It worked beautifully for web 2.0s"

I think as SER evolves, this idea would work great. I see Sven's creation as an amazing auto-publishing platform, and over time, the program has morphed into THE most feature-rich platform, anywhere.

As we shift from simple KW spamming to more complex (yet simple!) SEO concepts, due to the rise of real AI at G! (and probably elsewhere down the line), GSA will undoubtedly adapt and meet  the challenge.

What we need: A content delivery system that provides OPTIONS. The focus now is on good, readable, AND unique content. The more our articles and other stuff convey meaning and helpfulness in some manner, the more likely they will stick. We have to appeal to the AI reader, as well as the human reader.

But it's all good, this will unclutter the net a bit and add more good, useful content.

There is still soooo much untapped potential with the SER platform.  Every day I learn so much more, and I know there's no end to new features they intend to implement.