Skip to content

Post on sites in other languages

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited March 2018 in Need Help
I know this was posted, but I didn't bookmark and can't find!

How is this done? let's say I have large Polish audience, do I set all search engines in project as Polish language?

I know there is more to this! I forgot what it was!! :(

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. search engines selection in international and/or language specific
    2. language/country filter in project options
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Thanks, Sven. :)

I missed #2. lol That was kind of obvious; should have found this one myself!!

I was actually thinking it was a filter you add like how you can force posting only on certain TLDs. I was waaaaaay off!! :|
    edited March 2018
    @Sven, does SER automatically know to use already-translated versions of descriptions, if that project has an existing field for them in the chosen language?

Also...

How do I add new fields for already-translated content for languages other than Polish and German?

Thank you!
    German and Polish are some special directories or sites that only accept that content, or where it would make no sense showing anything else. If you are not targeting those locations, you should simply disable the engines (right click on the field->disable engine using this).
    edited March 2018
    I do actually use both German and Polish with translations to those languages placed in the corresponding Project fields. (I do have other Qs re this---new thread!)

I re-read what I wrote above and I guess it was late? lol Well, I stayed up later, but I was tired then...lol

I actually meant:

How can I get projects to show those same fields for additional languages besides German and Polish?

Would I need engines specifically written to work with those languages, or could I do as above and choose, for example, Dutch or Portuguese, and set up and be ready right there?

Also, if I set up with ONLY, let's say, Dutch engines and settings, do the main 250, 450, etc. etc. fields used for that project as the default  with English now be for Dutch?

Thanks! :)

There is a macro you can use that would take the about-to-submit content and translate it to the language that the site uses. (#trans ... #notrans).
    The special fields for German and Polish are for the few engines that are really only used for that audience and not used at all for English content. Thats why I have defined the fields in the script files itself.

Of course, if you script an own engine and you think it would make only sense to input Dutch content, then just make up a new field in it for [Dutch_Description] or so and it will be shown when editing a project with that engine turned on.
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the explanation, @Sven.

I add this to the list of features I have to play with in the upcoming week. Should be fun! :)
  • jimmypetersonjimmypeterson London
    edited March 2018
    Yes, thanks a lot for this explanation! I just wanted to work with liberty slots site but I didn't know how