Skip to content

GSA Image Spider NEW GUI/Version

SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
edited February 2018 in GSA Image Spider
For everyone with a license of GSA Image Spider, please have a look on the upcoming new version from the link below:

<a href="https://www.gsa-online.de/download/image_spider_demo.exe" title="Link: https://www.gsa-online.de/download/image_spider_demo.exe">https://www.gsa-online.de/download/image_spider_demo.exe</a>

It is offering a lot more search engines and hopefully a better and more intuitive GUI. Let me know what you think and if you are missing something from the old version. It will replace the old one if no complains arrive.
Thanked by 1TheGypsy

Comments

• Wait how can I get a license of Image Spider, and will it include some auto bulk image editing like rotate, RGB modification, skew, add watermark etc..  at some point? :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    such things are not added yet, but we can talk about it :)
    license can be bought here: https://image.spider.gsa-online.de/order.php
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sick new work, @Sven!! 

Good news is I haven't ever demoed this program so I can actually DL it soon and check it out! :D
  • It looks genuine GSA now but I personally miss the image export options badly and somewhat the spider in the hammock.

I'm +1 on spiritfly suggestions and I would ask for the bulk image optimization which removes exif information and maybe resizes images into a specified range upon exporting them.
    @TheGypsysave to local hd is implanted, just not the filter options, but they will follow of course.
    Thanked by 1TheGypsy
  • Cool, but what about the spider? ;D
    what in detail you mean?
    edited February 2018
    Sven, I DLed the Image Spider demo this week. 

I guess it's the old version, b/c there's a spider in a hammock?? :o
  • I meant that in the old version there was a spider in a hammock on the left side of the app window. In the new version there is none. But don't loose sleep over it I think we can live without one. ;)
  • On a more serious note in the old version I've found the integrated preview window more convenient than in the new one. I personally don't like the pop up windows.

The new version's standalone export button is a very handy idea and the naming flexibility of the old version is awesome. But please add the ability to change the way the program saves the files when the filenames are the same. Currently it does by adding a number in parenthesis like this:
    keyword(1)
    keyword(2)
    An flexibe way would be to add a %number% macro and people could choose what to do with it. However an option to choose from separator type (_,-,|, ,) and with or without parenthesis would do as well I guess.

I haven't found a way to set the number of images I want. In the old version there is an ability to set "how many search results to parse" but if I set that to 10 the program doesn't stop at 10 images so I don't really get that function.

You may consider an import images from hard drive feature to have the ability to rename the already downloaded images.

The ability to add more keyword would also come handy.

@Deeeeeeee you can download the new beta version from this very page above. The GSA website has the old version.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    popup: next version makes this optional
    ---
    rename options: will get added
    ---
    import from hd: yea sounds like a good feature
    ---
    only 10 images per search...will think about it
  • 10 images per search was only an example it could be 1000. I only tested it with 10 and IS didn't stop there. Actually it only matters when you add multiple keywords and you need 100 images per keyword. 
    Just a small updated on the Filters (right/bottom) that you can add to images (also on batch). You see the original image (correct size at the upper/left) where the modified one with the filters is at the left.
  • Is this update out yet because I can't find any of this. Also if I click on check updates it just crashes or simply closes.

Otherwise my personal preference would be to have a separate settings window for batch image processing. Something similar like the settings menu where there are checkboxes with all the filters and a field next to them for the values. Maybe ranges of values if you want to add randomness to the process. Maybe you can even have a save and load preset option there.
    Maybe it's just personal preference but I think it's faster than choosing everything from a pop up one by one. The pop up is cool if you are tempering with one image trying to find out the perfect fit though.
    just wait till its in beta because it is not right now and the way it is added then would fit your needs i guess.
    I have decided to make this beta a final in v3.00. It's not perfect but far better than the 2.xx of the old GUI. Also included is the filter-dialog now.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I've just checked it out and it works great!

Thanks for the preview window, import, exif  and the preset options. I guess the file rename option is coming soon.

Also there is a check images option in the right click menu but it does nothing to me and I can't export only the selected images. It exports all. 
    will put out an update with all that later
    latest update lets you export selected only
    so only thing left is the rename-option. Any gui-suggestions?
  • I guess if you just add one more field into the export options window with the available macros that would be just fine.
  • Is there a way to add a bit more control to the image resize option in image filters? The current percentage option is fine as long as you have same size images but it gets wild when there are various sizes.
     Having a maximum px height and px width option with a keep aspect ratio checkbox would would give us easier control over the final image size.

its all in current update (new filter) and a better gui in general + rename options
  • The keep aspect ratio checkbox doesn't work for me. Also if I enter much higher or lower values than the width into the height field then the resizing doesn't happen.
    Everything else works flawlessly.
    make sure you uncheck the scale box on the viewer to see the actual size
    I DLed the new demo, didn't yet try it out.

I did DL the old demo, as the link in the GSA product pages still had this one up.

@Sven, I like the new GUI, but that spider in a hammock was cool! lol Can't you shrink it down real small and stick it on the new page somewhere? :)
    naw I never liked that...was not professional.
    The new GUI does have a more professional theme, true. :)
  • Thanks for the resize fix it works much better now however there is still some minor issue there. It doesn't respect the width values at all.
    Is it possible at least to change that or pick which is the more important? Developing on the web I mostly care about width.

Most image processing programs I've used worked by resizing the image automatically based of the smallest parameter. So if the picture was a 3000x2000 image and I entered 650x1000 then it took the 650x as the maximum allowed parameter and calculated the other number which is this case 433.
    till now i took the paramater the smallest amount of modification...maybe your other algorithm will do the trick