Skip to content

User Profile Image Filter

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited November 2017 in Feature Requests
Good morning, @Sven and GSA pplz.

I wanted to know if there is a way SER might one day add an option to alter profile images on-the-fly, sort of like the PHP imagefilter(), with a user interface and randomizers.

Alter color data and/or pixel data to make unique avatars.

On a slightly different note, it could also alter filename, filetype,  and possibly file data fields, just to add more diversity.

Hmm..I realize many times the file is renamed by the system it's uploaded to..still..

This module could also work with any images GSA-SER is posting.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well it would only work with files SER uploads....for images it is usually using remote URLs with full path.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2017
    True...tho it would be cool to have for all images.

I guess the engines are dynamically typing the filepaths into the CMS'es or whatever each engine is dealing with, and the target site itself pulls the image those from the external list once the engine "hits" submit on the form?
    I guess u could also have a server-side script that continuously creates new batches of altered files at set intervals? So in that case, you'd have potential identical images in one run, but nothing beyond that.

But what about filenames/types? Could they really change? Can SER just have a directory specified as the loaded image files, or does it always have to be the full path of individual image files?
    I can try to optimize the path/file name when submitting.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    next version tries to always take a random keyword for that filename and hopefully if that engine uses it, it will improve seo.
    That's definitely a good update, @Sven. I noticed it today when I updated and checked the log of what's new in the latest version. Thanks for the cool, new features!
  • Yes, this update is reaaly great!
  • roypriceroyprice London
    edited December 2017
    Have you planned to make another one like this?
    @royprice: GSA puts out sick updates all the time!!  Seriously...no bs

Check Help>>View Version History to see what's new.