Skip to content

Big problem with manual re-verify from verified links

Hey @sven,

There is a big problem when manually verifying links in the "Verified Links" window.

All links that were not created, but GSA thinks they were that have "Unknown" as the anchor text, are verified as being active. Sometimes even homepages where there's 0% chance of a link being get verified as being active, when they are not.

I'm not sure how -- but it seems GSA is not using the domains included inside the project for verifying the links, otherwise, there's no way they would be properly verified.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If SER has no link it should look for on a verified link (you imported it or the article was posted without a link) then it does not try to verify it at all...it just sees if that site loads with no error message and takes it as verified.
  • I'm talking about re-verifying through.

Show URLs -> Verified

It's leaving a ton of links that have "Unknown" as the anchor text (they're just failed links which for some reason GSA counts as Unknown anchor text), and thinking they are active links, even though there's no link on the page.

For some reason, GSA doesn't care that there's no link on the page, it just re-verifies them anyways and says they are active links.

The workaround is to just delete all URLs with "Unknown" as the anchor text, but this only started happening in the last few versions.
    edited December 2017
    what is on the last column with the detail/link url? It's empty?
  • edited December 2017
    Link URL is "N/A".

Obviously I've removed some information from the image.

It's a failed attempt, which resulted in the link being the registration page, which happens sometimes. But now for some reason, GSA does not remove it, even though there's no link present at all.

well if there is nothing to check against, what would it do?
  • edited December 2017
    There are domains in the project... It's always known that if the Link URL is "N/A" to not re-verify them before, something must've changed in a recent update.

There are times when the anchor is "Unknown," but the Link URL is accurate, and when you re-verify, GSA will auto-update the verified link with the proper anchor text.

However, with these, if the Link URL is N/A, I would assume that 99.9999% of the time, it's going to be an invalid link.
    well from where are the links coming?
  • The links from contextual CMS's, but I assume any link-type could potentially have this issue.