Skip to content

GSA SER Doesn't Work Anymore

edited February 2013 in Need Help
So, after the last update the program has completely stopped working. It was working great before, but now whenever I run it it starts out working and then it dwindles down to 1 thread within 30 seconds or so. I was using public proxies for a bit and having no issues at all until the recent update, but I've tried multiple proxies and even a direct connection and it does the same thing. Also, whenever I stop the project the status reads "waiting for threads to finish" and it never does.

I tried editing how many threads to use; no help. I'm not really sure what else to do now. Can I get some help?

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Try restarting your server.  You can always use the previous version, it's in the GSA folder.
  • Still no dice. I've tried both versions with the same results. Any other ideas?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    New version 5.13 is out. Try that.
  • Clear the cache and the history and you will be good to go
    Select all projects and right click > modify projects > delete url cache and url history
  • Still got nothing. I've tried restarting, updated to the newest version, cleared the cache & history. Nobody else is having this problem?
  • I would say something is strange with the last 2 versions
    in a matter of 9 hours I usually get 5000 submissions and now I got 203 ?!!
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited February 2013
    If I stop it and run it again it submits to 30-50 more and gets a few verified within a few minutes but then it halts
    I am trying to see what else it might be but I suspect it has something to do with the last 2 updates

Note that my Thread count stays very high (200) for all this period
    200 is the normal I am running for more than 30 days now
  • just within 6 minutes of my restart
    I got 90 submissions and 5 verification while
    for last 10 hours running I got 200 and  36 verified
    (just keeping track of what is going on not coming to any conclusions yet)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well whats happening in your log? Any activity?
  • edited February 2013
    I don't know if its the entire same thing has happening to me. My LpM is down to 1-2 from around 30. And verifieds of course also. Nothing has changed except GSA often is down to 1-2 connections (out of 40). I have tried to disabled proxies as well. No luck.

@Sven my log still shows the same as before. Nothing unusual, GSA still scrapes and blasts. Just often slacks at using the threads.
  • yes sorry I just wanted to confirm before I posted another post

it seems for the last 4 hours 95% of the projects are doing verifications
    isn't that too much verifiying ? it seems like its stuck on verifying.

stats for these 4 hours
    ~13 projects
    130 submissions (I can do those in 5 minutes usually)
    30 verifications
    200 threads
    18-40% CPU
    400MB Mem
    10 private proxies changed 2 days ago and tested that work correctly earlier and now

I have proxies for posting and PR checking only
    with the new proxies I set timeout to 15 seconds but verification is not done using proxies
    so staying in verification for too long should not be proxy related  right ??

120 minutes verification interval is my custom setting on all project but this was done 2 weeks ago

I am going to try fast public proxies if it does not resolve in a while (2 sec timeout)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

These changes might have altered why your in link checking mode a lot

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2202/switch-to-active-verify-on-x-amount-of-submissions#Item_5

edited February 2013
    thanks LeeG
    when does a project turn to Pause ?
    I did not get this part  ...
    (I have been away from the forums for some time actually)

could it be proxy related ?
    and if it is then why when I stop/start SER it will do like 60-100 submission in 3 minutes
    and then go back to verifiying ??

I have been testing the new method over night

The way mine is set up and working

Projects set to x amount per day then pause, hit the number then go in "active (pause)" mode

If you use the scheduler mode, this then moves onto the next project

Projects set to x amount of submissions and stop for x amount of minutes change to "active (v)erify" mode

What this does is verify links if that projects gets called again in the set time of pausing posting links.

So on a t2 for example, your getting confirmed links while its paused from posting and stops the t2 submitted lists getting out of hand

edited February 2013
    thanks leeG but I am not setting any schedules
    and all seemed to be working great until yesterday

what is your proxy timeout (assume private proxies?)

left target urls for all project is 4380 so verification should not happen

@Sven does it actually get paused ?

My html timeout is 130

But I have had several lock up today.

It seems to go into death mode when pulling sites from the sitelist

My last crash, was 2 lists from the site list every minute, then siesta time with no fiesta after

Gone back to using version 5.09 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited February 2013
    @GiorgosK verification happens automatically after some time yes, no matter if you have target urls left or not.
  • I am also having a issue with the new version, how do I go back to the older versions ?
  • I had an issue with the new version today as well. 

When trying to open any of my projects to edit, GSA just freezes until I eventually am forced to kill it. I am using private proxies, so that's not the same issue as others have reported.

Like the user above, I would like to know where I can download older version to see if it fixes my problem. Unfortunately, I did not get around to making a backup of projects yet, so I am afraid I lost them.

• @LeeG thanks
    how do I go back to a previous version ?

@Sven
    that does not answer my question really
    because I as I already mentioned I keep on stopping/restarting to get it to do 50-100 more submissions

• So anyone know how to go back to the older version till this is fixed?
  • True I can't edit any project since last update
    LeeG how do you downgrade to previous version ?
  • In the GSA folder in program files there is an exe called search engine ranker old.exe (or something similar)

Older version will be in your main ser folder

Think its called something like search_engine_ranker_old

Now people know why you see three version links on my task bar

Current, Old and trusty

If you ever get a version that seems to run better than a race horse near an abattoir, just copy and paste that exe in the main gsa ser folder

• @LeeG thanks I am back to the previous version 5.14

does anyone have 5.11 version lying around ?
    (fron now on I will make copies of all version before I upgrade)
    I need to see if this resolves the STUCK in the VERIFICATION loop problem

I have been clearing down my submitted lists this week, one was at 70k

Looking at the lower screen, it seemed to be trying to verify links and only doing something like the first ten that needed email verification and not going past those.

Bit like a stuck record with a scratch

• @LeeG Thanks for the info on how to go back to old version. I did so, but unfortunately all my projects still freeze whenever I try to edit one of them, so I guess they just plain got corrupted. Anyone know of a way to fix that? I restored from backup, but the backup version apparently corrupted too.
  • check your HDD, please. maybe its full.
  • nope having the same issue, I guess we need to wait for the new update.
  • got the new update and its still doing the same. trying to edit a project and it freezes.

Also what does it mean when I delete " Target Url Cache " and Target URL History ' ?