Skip to content

What engines are these ??

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    those types of URLs have another URL inside. That is recognized internally by SER and it exchanges that with your project URL and checks a it redirects or has a link on it. That type can not really be identified.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited October 2017
    I am only beginning to learn about the .ini file structure and engines, so I am far from an expert! That's the next thing I want to focus on learning.

But to me, they look like they are just PHP redirects. These can technically be set to any web-site, but then the server log will show a jump to that external address. It's really more for learning and research about PHP, and for that server log entry, I would guess. :*

As to which engine does this, maybe one of the exploits??

So, it can't be identified because it isn't technically a place where you can post a real link on, even though it may have been the exploit engine in GSA-SER that generated it.

Anyone can verify this?? Thank you!!!!!

• ok, when i tried to identify them in ser, it identified them as
    "URL Shortener - URL Redirect"

So ser seems to be able to use them.

However, I have a question. Are these redirect urls any useful ? They would not index by themselves and have to be passed to some reliable indexing service. Do they carry any significant link juice when done that way.
    Or does google simple ignore them, since the page has very little content and just one outbound link.
    the urls will have to be linked somewhere, yes. You can use them as project urls on another tier attached to it. And if they are 301 redirects, they pass the link juice.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Thanks, @Sven. So I guess those redirects would be generated from the Redirect Engine, not the Exploit? I guess that makes more sense. lol
    yes