Skip to content

How Many Tiers Would You Suggest

Hello

Sorry if answered before but how many tiers would you suggest, I currently use 3 but heard 4 tiers is much better.

Thank you for any answer on this.

Comments

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    The general consensus around here is that anything more than 3 won't give you any results as it's "too far" away from your website.

As always you should test for yourself

However you'll probably have better results plugging your tier 3 to an indexer service rather than wasting resources on tier 4.
  • Thank you very much for this Hinkys
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    It also depends on what sites you are using in your tiers. For example if your first 3 tiers are wordpress pbn links, then you know you will have 100% indexing rate on the 3 tiers. Then adding a further 3 tiers of ser links would make a 6 tier linking structure.

Going beyond 3 tiers of just ser links is going to be counter productive though, solely because of the indexing issues. A single link that is not indexed will stop the strategy from working.

If you don't have indexing issues with the links you build, then you can build as many tiers as you like....the more tiers you use, the more powerful the impact on rankings.

The way i see it is, a tier 1 link with no inbound links is unlikely to increase in page authority and have minimal impact on rankings. So it will always be a weak link. Which means even a tier 3 link with no inbound links is a weak link.

But within a 3 tier structure, the page authorty of the tier 1 link will increase significantly, as it has inbound links, and those tier 2 links also have inbound links. That really is the sole goal of tiering....to increase the page authorty of the tier 1 link.

• Thank you very much sickseo, what what you are saying, it all depends on the indexing you use. Thanks again
  • I found two was more than enough with a quality indexer (Express Indexer gets my vote). Get the volume right and do one project per keyword and target a full optimised page(s) for those keywords.