Skip to content

Numerous Headless.exe threads in task manager. Causing GSA SER to crash.

In the last 12 hours, since I started using SEREngines, I am experiencing GSA SER crashes. I did reduce thread counts, CPU % limits, schedule posting.
Memory usage goes above 2gb even when only 2 SERE projects are running. CPU 100% after 2 minutes of starting the projects.
Also getting the no job created due to reaching memory limit.
Also, Email accounts are not being created.
I checked my task manager, it has innumerable headless.exe processes. Even after I shut down GSA SER, they are still 10-15 headless.exe processes going on. I have to then shut them down manually.

Details: Running only 2 projects with just SEREngines.
Here is what I am using:
SolidSEO VPS Windows 2012 R2 2GB
1 Catchall
CB with 2captcha

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    How many threads are you running in each project?

Also, have you tried enabling the options "automatically decrease threads on a CPU usage above x%" and "automatically decrease threads on memory usage above XMB"?
  • Hi s4nt0s, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have checked the decrease thread count option to 70%. I have 30 threads running and only 1 project running.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2017
    @starpulse89 - Would you mind if James (SEREngines creator) logs into your VPS to take a look at the issue? 
  • starpulse89starpulse89 Michigan
    edited September 2017
    Hi @s4nt0s! REsolved the issue. I upgraded the ram on the VPS and decreased the thread count to 30. That seemed to stabilize Serengines for now. 
    Thanks again!