Skip to content

Does it run forever when "monitoring" folders?

I am running Gscraper.

I have told GSAPI to look into those scraped folders.

I have stopped Gscraper so it isn't adding any more URLs.

But GSAPI is still processing and processing...

Is it making duplicates (x30 by now) or does it know what it has already processed?

Is GSAPI processing the same URLs until I turn it off or did I really scrape that many URLs that it is taking it's time and will stop after exhausting every link?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    After it finishes the file it doesn't repeat the same file and it will continue to check the folder for new files until you stop the project. If you set it to "process files" instead of "monitor" it will automatically stop after its done processing the files in the list, otherwise it will keep checking the folder in the interval you set in new project window. 

The option that says "check in interval for monitor" is how often it will check the folder for new files. 

It's not going to continue processing the same files/urls so there must still be some unprocessed URL's left in the folder.

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @s4nt0s
    does it only check for new files ( like new urls added to an excisting file ) or does it also check for changes to existing files.
    Yes it also checks changes to existing files.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    LOL --- just noticed what i wrote does not make sense --- everything in the bracket should not be there
  • @s4nt0s

You said
    "After it finishes the file it doesn't repeat the same file and it will continue to check the folder for new files until you stop the project."

as well as

"Yes, it also checks changes to existing files."

Now my question is
    If I am running "Monitor Folder" and keep adding the URLs in the same file, will the PI detect the new URLs?

Bit confused
    Thanks 
    @Devender_Garg - Yes, sorry for the confusion. It will monitor the folder for any new URLs even to the same file. 
  • Thanks mate for clearing it out.