Skip to content

Email verification going so slow now

edited September 2017 in Bugs
Hey,

What's up with email verification going so slow when using multiple emails i.e. yahoo emails? It used to take 3-5 minutes or so to verify hundreds of emails... now it's taking 10-15+ minutes to verify only a few.

23:02:38: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 2%
23:06:58: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 22%
23:09:18: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 41%
23:11:40: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 61%
23:14:07: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 80%
23:16:59: [ ] Parsing of TEST@yahoo.com done by 100%

~15 minute to verify a total of 20 emails...

This same process would've taken maybe 5 minutes (at the very most) in previous versions of GSA.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I haven't changed anything on this part. I guess it's more an issue of having too many emails on the accounts to check.
  • Right now, many of these top 10 email verification companies are running with problems with validations of YAHOO & Outlook emails. This is a known issue. Yahoo and Hotmail have changed their algorithms and they can easily detect fake emails sent out for validation purpose only. 95% of them are failing to verify / validate Yahoo emails at this moment.  Who is the bulk email verifier that GSA-Online is using right now? 

Yahoo and Hotmail is a big trouble and very few of these companies are able to validate them successfully and in timely manner. 
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    Disposable emails have stopped being reliable >2 years ago. It's the reason I've started using catchalls and shortly after started a catchall service.

When they're self hosted (or provided by a service that knows you're using them with GSA SER), you don't have the problems of all your emails going bad at once.

Besides being reliable, most of the time you can just import them to your projects and forget about them.
  • I use catchalls but they are insanely expensive, $35 for 10... that's nuts just got emails. I still use yahoo emails on my spam projects and catchalls on my higher quality projects.
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    @seoaddict
    Most people don't need 10, most people need only 1 catchall.

If you need 10 you're probably running an operation that requires you to spend 5x that on servers and 2-3x that on proxies.

Generally they are more expensive than yahoos or whatever but nowdays when yahoos can stop working at any moment, you get what you pay for.

But if you manage to make it work with yahoos on some projects then hey, more power to you.
  • purehustlepurehustle GoliathSER.com - Verified Lists, Private Proxies, Catch-all Emails
    Catchalls could be a faster solution, but i would take a closer look at your proxies (if you're using them). 

Play around with different proxy providers or consider trying to get a deal from catchall sellers like @hinkys. Im sure if you ask nicely he could hook you up :)