Skip to content

GSA PI New updation issue

I'm having million of database verified links, I'm separating this using "Process Files"
In a single day data graph getting flat, not even a single link is extracted. If I use PI old version it's working normally, In PI new updation only I'm having the problem.

Randomly I'm getting NA, like in the screen shot.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @Vmart - In your first image you have one project selected and in your second you have 3 projects selected. Can you try only selecting the "process files" project to see if that makes a difference?
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    edited August 2017
    Ok But my issue is
    After start GSA Platform identifier in one day day data graph getting flat, not even a single link is extracted.
    I have checked old version  it's working normally, In PI new updation only I'm having the problem.
    edited August 2017
    Hmm strange, I will do some tests and to see what's happening. I didn't think we changed anything on how processed files worked in the recent update so not sure why that would happen in the latest version. If you select more than 1 project and some of those projects are things like dup remove, the data might "appear" to go flat, even though its not.

I am running some process files projects on my end to see if I can replicate the issue.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    edited August 2017
    Thank you s4nt0s plz confirm the issue your side.
    Also, are you using proxies? Running some campaigns now.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    No, I'm not using proxy in GSA PI
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    edited August 2017
    Now it's working well s4nt0s
    I will inform you later what I faced the issue in the new updation.

@vmart - Yes I was about to come show you that its been running smooth on my end: 

Good to see its working for you now.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    edited August 2017
    Still I have this problem. Now if the graph comes to 46% it's is getting flat. Links are not getting extracted. Project is only working when I stop and start manually. 

edited August 2017
    @Vmart - I think I've already asked you this before and you said you were on your home PC? If you are on a VPS I can login and take a look at it when its not extracting links. I've been running a big project ever since you mentioned this and its been running smooth nonstop for days and nothing was changed on how Pi processes links in months so recent updates shouldn't make a difference. 

Nobody else has mentioned this problem so I would need to see it running on your system when its not extracting links so I can see if there's a bug. 
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    There is no problem in VpS you can login and see. Issue is there GSA PI software only.
    At starting I was having 50 threads at that time only I got the issue, I run this using 1000 threads without any problem it's working perfect. Monitor folder also working perfectly. For that I can't always are 1000 threads. So consider the issue and clear it off.
    I think the main problem is your VPS is very low in resources. I see it only has 1 gig of ram and the ram is basically maxed out all the time.

It took me 5 minutes just for the VPS desktop to show up after logging in.

After watching it for some time, the process files project is running, its just not running at its best due to lack of resources. You definitely don't want to run it at 1,000 threads per project with this VPS so I set them to 100 threads each.

I also enabled the bandwidth limit since you had it unchecked. Leaving this unchecked can also use up more resources.

One thing that can save resources is to disable the wildcard matching in projects, that can eat up CPU/RAM and isn't really needed.

The project is working, it just slows down a lot when ram maxes out. 

If possible, I'd upgrade to a slightly better VPS if its in your budget? 
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    Enabled bandwidth
    Decreased the thread 100
    PI has been STOPPED. I stop the project and start again the same settings :(.
    @VMart - Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying? I had already set the threads to 100 and enabled bandwidth when I logged in to check it. 

The problem is your VPS is very low end and Pi uses quite a bit of resources to run so that's why it slows down. When I logged in, nothing was completely stopped, it was still running.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    sorry!
    I didn't see your developer changed a settings, while I login project was been paused. Without knowingly I pressed stopped and restarted. 1 week it has been running, now you login and see it has been stopped.

By same way plz check the Conflict BUGs also
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    Till no you didn't rectify my problem, atlast I'll change my server. 
    Now GSA PI working in my new VpS.
    edited August 2017
    @VMart - I told you before that your VPS was very low on resources and that was the problem. Let me know how the new VPS works after running Pi for a while.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    :) Still now there is no issue thank U :)