Skip to content

GSA SER sudden huge CPU usage

edited August 2017 in Bugs

Since a couple of updates, GSA is using lots of memory and CPU resource with the same setting. I reduced my threads, but I'm still unable to get the CPU load I had a few weeks ago. 

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited August 2017
    @zdot - Are you on a vps? I know someone else had the same issue the other day and after restarting their VPS the mem went back to normal. 

Also, that image you posted shows your website so i removed it. You probably want to keep that private. 
  • no, I'm running it on a PC dedicated to SEO only. It's a windows 10, 64-bit machine running 16GB ram. 

I rebooted my PC many times and it's still the same. It's like that since the latest 2 or 3 updates when the program got updated many times during the day. Before it wasn't using much computer resource. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @zdot - You mentioned reducing your threads. How many threads are you running? We might have to wait for Sven to get back from vacation to see what's going on with that. :(
  • before the high CPU load, I was running 90 threads with a much lower CPU usage than now.

I reduced it to 60. Also, on the same PC I'm running GSA Captcha breaker, gsa proxy scraper and GSA SEO indexer (60 threads).