Skip to content

Will changing my internet settings effect how GSA runs?

One thing i've been wondering for a while is if changing some of my internet options will change how GSA runs or does it not matter?

If it does, what would be the settings I should have to make GSA run at its best?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The best is to let SER do it's job without per-filtering like firewall and anti virus solutions. However might be something you do not want. The less processes are integrated in the work flow, the better.

• What I am most worried about are the internet options security settings getting in the way, like enable/disable activex controls, scriptlets, scripting of java applets etc etc?  Could you maybe give me a copy of what these settings should look like for the best GSA performance?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can skip that dialog completely. SER does not use any internet browser in background. It's all done by SER itself (parsing, webform extraction, java script analysis and so on). I know it's very comman to rely on that using IE or any other browser in backgground...thats not whats happening in SER.
  • Got it, thanks for the clarification!