Skip to content

Video Sites Can They Submit Actual Videos?

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I see on the Video module there are some places but they say they will leave a profile type link (like a forum profile) On places like clipshare can we actualy submit actual videos and if so do we use a youtube URL or get it from our computer to upload the video. Please advise

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Clipbucket is the only one that currently submits videos. You can use whatever youtube I.D. you want. If you want to promote your own video you will need to upload it to youtube and get the I.D.

If you're only in it for the backlinks then you can just grab some other videos in your niche and spin the I.D.'s with normal spintax.
  • Ok, I was looking at it to acutally post my own videos for distrubtion. So if I am correct it should work like this?

1. Add YouTube video URL in the URL field.
    2. Add my keywords, description and title.

The GSA will go out and post that video to all clipshare sites so then when done my video will be posted and uploaded on those clipshare sites to view is that correct? And if so roughly how many clipshare platforms are there if you know
    edited September 2012
    I couldn't tell you how many websites are running the clipbucket platform ... that's pretty hard to figure out. Hundreds? Thousands? I'm not sure.

For the video, you don't actually put the whole URL in the video field, you only use the youtube I.D. I actually explain this in one of the tutorial videos. I believe its tutorial 3 or 4.

The youtube I.D. is the random digits after the v=

Sometimes it will say "&feature" after the Youtube I.D. You don't need to copy that part.

You can also spin the I.D.'s in usual spin format. It will rotate through the videos:

Example Format: {ao31b31|adaand1b31|danebe31nba}

• Thanx will for sure try this out!
    You're welcome.
  • edited September 2012
    Edited because I read it wrong...but still need help on the bottom part

On a side note how do we edit the user info. I got ages put in from age 11 to age 89....this shit aint belivable LOL How do we edit that part
  • You have to change the token.
    %random-18-40% will only put in ages from 18 to 40.
  • Ok thank you....One more questions about videos.

When choosing ClipBucket to submit videos to how is it going to scrape for them? is it ONLY going to go out and look for clipbucket sites with my keyword in the title or url? Seems right now GSA is not finding ANY ClipBucket sites to post my video to.

Who here has had good success in uploading videos to ClipBucket from GSA? Please lend me some tips ;)
  • You can scrape some target urls with Options -> Avanced -> Tools -> Search online for URLs + Add predefined footprints.
    Save the results as a file and import them to your project.
  • Just looked at a few ClickBucket sites that got verified. A lot though are not showing the video. It has all the info (title, description etc) but the actual video is not showing. So I looked at one site and it is asking for the entire embed code. Does this mean we should change the way we set up the video links?

Instead of just the video ID # maybe most now are looking for the full embed code? Can someone take a look at this?
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    Thats the embeded code used by GSA:

embed_code=<object width="425" height="349">\n<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/%YouTubeID%?fs=1"</param>\n<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>\n<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>\n<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/%YouTubeID%?fs=1"\ntype="application/x-shockwave-flash"\nallowfullscreen="true"\nallowscriptaccess="always"\nwidth="425" height="349">\n</embed>\n</object>
    duration=%Video_Duration%

%YouTubeID% = ID
    %Video_Duration% = Duration time

You don't need to change anything. If nothing has changed or the sites don't use different forms than everything should working.

• Ok maybe some have the embed turned off...Will try another run this weekend. Thank you for checking
  • edited September 2012
    What I would like is the possibility to have a duration for every video or provide the whole thing as spin text to mach the video ID/duration/description. As I use my own videos I see a double effect: the backlink AND the video-content.

What do you think @Sven & @Ozz?