Skip to content

How to make SER only link to words in article

@sven - I think i brought up this problem sometime in 2012 and I dont see a solution to it yet except one was done that i missed.

If i want to force SER to only link to words that actually appear in the article, how do i do this? SER always places link at random locations for words that arent within the article.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I remember this yes. Well SER works like this:
    1. URL is choosen
    2. anchor texts according to settings (main, secondary, branding...)
    3. article is choosen (random one)
    4a. If that article is in spin format, it tries to unspin it in a way that the anchor text is part of it so article
    4b. If a failed, then a random unspin is used and the link is placed according to settings (link in text, bottom, in sentence...)
    --
    You can avoid all of this if your article would include a %link% macro or if you create your article in a way that a sentence that makes sense is holding the anchor text.
  • @sven - the anchors always appear in whatever spin version there is but SER still choses to place links to words that are not in the article
    can you send a project backup to test this?
  • How do i send u the backup?
  • i just emailed you the backup
    thanks will check it later
    Just checked it but I see the anchor (which is a URL only btw) is not part of the second article. If that one is chosen, SER will have to add content to the article to make the anchor appear.
  • @sven what if you remove that anchor and leave the anchor text field empty as the anchors are already in the URL field - will that work?
    well that will work yes, but it is not solving your article-anchor text problem.
  • Ok so cant you provide a fix for this? In every article i provide there is always at least one anchor text present in the anchor text field but a lot of times SER doesnt use it
    There is no fix as you think of it wrong. SER chooses the anchor before the article. So the article has to be prepared to hold at least one variation of every anchor to make sense. OF you keep using the machro %anchor_text% there or %link%. Else SER has to add the anchor in some way.
    Your project backup e.g. had one article where none of the anchors was added.
  • @sven - that article had its anchors in the URL field
    Let'S see...the first URL has a primary and secondary anchor added to it and another one which is never used as it only can take primary and secondary one. Anyway even the primary one from first URL is not part of the second article in article manager.
    Same for the 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th URL (not present in second article)
    8th and 9th URL and it'S anchor is not present in 1st article
  • Hi Sven - I have emailed another backup where at least ONE anchor text in the URL field always appears in either article but yet SER chooses to place links to words that dont exist in original article.

Please have a look

Thanks
    And again the second article has not the anchor of first url in it.
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    edited February 2016
    Hi Sven - there is still a problem with that.

Lets say I just have ONE article and i add 4 anchor texts in the anchor text field that all appear within the article.

I now tell SER to add 2-3 additional links within the article and what i see happening is that instead of SER to hyperlink only the anchor texts at the positions that they appear within the article, its placing those anchor texts at random locations.

Lets say this is a line within my article:

"I would like to go to the shop and buy some food to cook later on."

Now "shop" is a word i want hyperlinked and i place it in the anchor text field.

What SER does is that sometimes it would hyperlink "shop" in the position that it is like this:

"I would like to go to the shop and buy some food to cook later on."

And sometimes it would just place it at a random location like this which doesnt look right:

"I would like to go to the shop and buy some food to SHOP cook later on."

Im trying to optimize this on next update
  • Cheers B-)
  • @Sven - the update u did for this hasnt made any difference.
    please be a bit more specific. The update changed it completely. If not for you then Im sure you have again not the anchor in articles.
  • Hi Sven - the anchors definitely appear in the article but SER just sticks words at random locations
    and those random locations are not from the additinal anchors you want to add?
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @sven - I see you were able to add this to Content Generator, can't you do the same in SER?

"Try to link within text flow (no additional words added)"

Thanks

SER does that automatically. It tries to add anchors/urls on present content before adding additional things.