Skip to content

Increased actual threads

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I used to have crazy success with earlier versions of SER but now it's going so slow for submissions... I see there is an actual thread counter in the status bar which shows me that my requested thread rate of 60, is actually 1 to 7 or so.... errr... huh?... no wonder why it's super slow now.. it's barely doing any work.

Why is the thread count so low might you think?, and how could I get it higher?

I also have SEO Indexer running, and sometimes captcha sniper 777 - although that no longer seems to work either, 60 captchas selected and last solve time is always 0, with no activity....

I want my link machine working it's nuts off again :) 
Tagged:

Comments

• I am a relatively new user to SER and have been "playing with" many of the settings, running it with & without captcha, and running it on a couple different PCs - all for the purpose of trying to get a feel for how it runs and what the limits are. While doing this, I have been reading many of the threads in this forum and on BHW to get input from what others have experienced and figured out.

It seems that one of the BIG questions is about how the threads work. I have seen variations of these questions repeated several times. It seems from some of the answers that there are certain functions within the program that benefit from (or use???) multi-threading more and other functions that do not.

I think it would be good for someone (that really knows and can explain it) to give us all a better understanding of how the threads work and why, so often, the program uses many less threads than what we have set it to.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. each project has its own managing thread that takes care of finding new targets (or loading it from site lists, imported sites) and verification of submitted URLs.

2. On a verification it uses as many threads as possible

3. On submission it uses as many threads as possible

4. Between verificationa nd submission it has to wait till all threads from that running project are done to not get in conflict with the data.

5. When submission is done, it can of course only start as many threads as target urls are present and only if the domain of the URLs is different to not get a double submissions

6. Between searches for new targets, it has to wait a certain time to not hammer the same search engine (google.de = google.com so having all google search engines listed is not counting as seperate search engines). A search engine gives back a maximum of 100 (sometimes only 10) results. So it is normal that you see only a max of 100 threads if search engines are used only (usually lower as the search engine returns URLs with same domain).

To make it short, if you want to use all your threads on submission, you need to import target urls or use site lists.

I hope this clears some things up.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If we increase the number of proxies, does the program automatically use more threads for searching? (i.e. with site lists off)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, but you can decrease the time to wait between searches.
  • Thanks for the logic explanation Sven, perhaps due to public proxies producing a lack of search results so it spends more time searching on a handful of single threads rather than submissions.

I used to get around 300 verified submissions per day, now I'm lucky if I get 30
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    If you are using public proxies, I would NEVER use them for searching. It is totally fine to just use them for posting ONLY. If you google a lot on your machine (besides GSA) than disable google from the SEs and check some of the other SEs available. You are totally safe with the settings of GSA.
  • Disabling proxies seems to have results back to nearer what they used to be thanks peeps, 12 hours and 99 verified

Still low thread count, but I have a better understanding of that now.
  • Hey Sven...I just got back to checking this discussion. I forgot I had posted that question about the threads here. Thanks for the great explanation. That helps a lot.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - "
    To make it short, if you want to use all your threads on submission, you need to import target urls or use site lists." --> Do you mean without selecting any SE's or can we still select SE's as well?
  • thats not necessary if you import a file list by hand or change status to global. if you want to use global lists only for that project than uncheck all SEs.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - basically I want it to search and post and use global site lists. Want to keep it working at capacity! I use SB to scrape lists and then add them to projects. Just wondering if I need to deselect the SE's and set to global lists only or if I can just import and let run. It seems to work fine but just importing while running. 
  • yes, just import one list after another. GSA will post to that urls first. If GSA has posted to all targets in your list, it will do the search and post stuff again until you import a new list.

if you want to use the global list whenever your imported list is done than you have to uncheck all SEs. the global status is more or less a temporary solution and I think it change to "active" after it paused for example.
  • hmm, after I've read Bytefakers post in the other thread I'm not sure about the "Global"-Status. just wait what Sven has to say about this topic when he is back monday.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think we should leave SE enabled, and then just import the list. I figure that the program will allocate resources accordingly. :-)