Skip to content

google 302 code isn't a ban

maybe in the past google used the code 302 to redirect to a ban page but now is also used for other things.

For instance if you have a proxy form UK and you enter to google.com, google uses a 302 redirect to redirect you to google.co.uk

Comments

• Yes it is true, I have seen this problem too, in GSA my proxies are not working, in my browser are working. 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    SER follows 302 redirects. The reason why your proxy works in google in browser is due to cookies being present from old sessions.
  • edited January 2015
    no, you can try in private mode without any cookie

also you can try with this php script

<?php

$ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://google.com/?q=JUST_A_TEST');
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 20);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "IP:PORT");
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 5);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD, 'USER:PASS');
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1); //comment this to see the redirect link which isn't with "sorry" or captcha
    echo curl_exec($ch);
    ?>

I don't say that all are working if they have a 302, but some of them are still good, if you like we can provide some proxies to test
    yes provide the proxies for testing please.
  • the test was provided

thanks
  • yes, we also saw this, seems to be a new change on google
  • hm, i had the same situation with 1 proxie. From today it wasnt working on Google anymore, in browser it was fine. Now in update 9.47 is testing in ser ok.
  • yes, sven contacted us and fixed the issue ;)
    unfortunately I found another issue here today and it will get fixed in next update.
  • gsa8mycowsgsa8mycows forum.gsa-online.de/profile/11343/gsa8mycows
    edited December 2015
    @Sven does this still apply?

I've tested today my proxies on SER and shows working for Google.

I do the proxy test against google on Scrapebox and I get 302 Found or Moved Temporarily for some.
    hmm this issue should be fixed. But this might be another prolem. Have a look here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/proxy_scraper/faq
    @Sven I appreciate your reply. I don't have gsa ps.

However, these are VPS and 1 Dedi server IPs/proxies, so these are private proxies, and it's just interesting to see that scrapebox returns 302 on these proxies.

I've tried google test on scrapebox AND to follow redirects. It seems then they get a 503 error code.

Strange.
    503 (server error) is probably their captcha page.
    As what type do you have it listed in our tool and as what type in the other? Because as on that FAQ said, the type it is used for is important.
    These are normal squid http connect proxies installed by myself on about 15 servers.
    but is SB even able to use that as connect proxies? I think they only use socks or web!?
    edited December 2015
    no idea, I just got myself a squid3 installer and from the conf file, it looks a connect proxy. Scrapebox can use it without any problems. It's their proxy tester that's strange.

sent you a copy of the proxy conf file