Skip to content

[Scripting] **Quick Question/Answer Thread**

OzzOzz
edited August 2012 in New Engines/Platforms
What is the difference between %random% and %random_option% (if there is any)?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

%random% does not exists but %random-1-100% which will give you a random number between 1 and 100

%random_option% will choose a random entry from a selection form box or will create a 2 chars long random word if the form field is no box but a input box.

• thedatahub.ini
    line 58: auto modify=2

What's the function for variable "2"?

0 = don't change anything

1 = modify content with line breaks and other things

2 = modify content with line breaks only (and on very long sentences only to make it look better)

• url must have=*://thedatahub.org/*|*://www.thedatahub.org/*

this needs to be present on static Web 2.0 sites, right? if its not present all crawled URLs which usually can not be identified yet, will be identified as a Web 2.0 with missing "url must have=".
    yes, should be present for maybe later use.
  • Is it helpful for SER to add the "Activation successful"-messages to "submit success=" in [Register_Step1] once an account was approved by email?
    no, thats only used for form submissions right now.
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    can you confirm that recaptcha (or any other captcha) fields don't need to be defined in [Register] and a field like "recaptcha_response_field=%captcha%" is useless once you have defined all other fields and disable "set unknown variable=%leave%"?
    yes, recaptcha as well as adcopy and adscaptcha are handled automatically. No need to define that.
  • good to know :D

this is fixing one of my bugs to test new engines. GSA logged "captcha not solvable by service" in those cases.
    Yes might be because you only use CS as captcha system?
  • no, for testing i use shanibpo as 2nd service only
  • Is there a way to limit %random_options% to specific number or range if the field has multiple checkboxes?

I'm asking just of curiosity, because I scripted a Web 2.0 which is working to some point (finally!!). However, the languages my character can speak are...

Languages spoken: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, German, Itallian, Burmese, Shanghainese, Vietnamese

BTW, I want to use this engine for another tutorial how to script Web 2.0's. 
    hmm you can use also the direct value like ..=English or if the values or captions of that form variable are numbers you can also use %random-X-Y% (X=min, Y=max). But the random_option is really only choosing something randomly.
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    thx, it's not that important anyway. i was just asking for the case it might come in handy. i don't know, if this case exists (probably never) :)

Is this a "form id=" or not? this form is labeled as "form class=signup_form_login_lb".

The "form id" is really only the id="xyz" in the form tag.  The name="xyz" is used for the "form name" variable in the following way:

form name=<name> - <button caption>

or

form name=FORMX - <button caption> if no "name=" is used in that form (X represents the form position on that website 1,2,3...).

• edited March 2013
    i do not get this
    web=%url_domain%%url_path%%url_parameters%

Is it the same as web=%url%?   

any different?
    it is skipping http:// and https:// as that is probably not wanted here.
  • I need to extract password, often in different language ex. of email

login: %login%
    password: %password%

login: %login%
    haslo: %password%

[pass_pw]
    type=extract
    front1=%login%
    front2=\n
    front3=.*:
    back1=\n
    back2=<
    remove html=1
    static=1

Not working, is it possible to handle that?
  • front1=: %login%

to match better in case there is "welcome %login%" 
    have alook in the drupal - blog engine. I used that : %login
  • andrzejekandrzejek Polska
    edited July 2015
    Can you implement things like that ex. xrumer http://pastebin.com/WY4gWbKU
    • 0 - a reference to lowercase,
    • 1 - a reference as it is in the HTML -code,
    • 2 - link with the anchor text in the lower register,
    • 3 - The text before the link (introduced in XRumer 7.7.42),
    • 4 - reference parameter «ID» (introduced in XRumer 7.7.42),
    • 5 - setting the reference «CLASS» (introduced in XRumer 7.7.42)

AddLinkRule ([1, 'board,',
    1, '. 0.htm',
    1, 'action', false
    ], URL_TOVIEW);
    This rule specifies the program that all the references that contain «board» and «.0.htm«, but do not contain «action» - are on view in this section of the forum.

something to ignore forms: http://pastebin.com/wEtvutwq

{IN_FORM}type="submit" name="lostpwsubmit"
    ?task=edit_profile&done=avatar
    even though it looks good, I don't see much use in this. XRummer seems to do all this checking for any submission. Even for engines not being part of the definition. This costs time and resources and I don'T see any advantage (except for form class parsing).
  • Good points, and yes class/id seems ok.

Will that work?

[variable]
    type=memo
    must be filled=1
    default=1

try to continue without verification=%variable%
    will not work as macros are not resolved in this. 
  • easycalccheck=%question% <label for='easycalccheck'>;<input

can you explain how that works?
    this will extract the question text between <label for='easycalccheck'> and <input. If you do not specify anything behind %question%, it is trying to get that automatically (test between two input fields).
  • Can you explain how mathematic captchas are solved?
    E.x i wonder how ser will perform on + and - signs in different languages like example of question:

400 plus 200 equals (english)
    400 dodac 200 rowne (polish)
    etc.

And how we can modify them 
    Have a look in the file calc_replace.dat. A question is extracted, chars in it are replaced with that data and then a math task as 1 + 2 is searched for. If found, its a math to be solved for it.