Skip to content

Import URLS (identify platform and sort in) Not working?

empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
Hey guys,

I've generated a list of urls using SB and now I want to import them into SER. when I select the file and hit OK, SER seems to scan the entire file (24K lines) in a second or so, and reports "Added 0/0 URLs to site list.".

Am I missing something here? is there some option somewhere I need to use to make SER actually check the urls?

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Hmm maybe its encoding
  • empteeemptee http://prjacker.com
    Duh - thanks S4nt0s, I was sure I saved it as ASCII - good call mate!

Thanks!
  • s4nt0s Can you please explain what you mean by Encoding problem? My file is already saved as Text file.
    When you choose to save a file in Scrapebox, you have to change the encoding from UTF-8 or whatever it is set to by default to ANSI. 

In the options there's a way to set the default encoding. I can't remember the exact option but its one of the options at the top toolbar. 
  • sabina24sabina24 United Kingdom
    edited May 2017
    I've been having the same problem. I've harvested several lists via SB but can not import/identify with GSA SER. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can not. I've tried both, copy to clipboard and also import as file options.

Any other suggestions?

... nevermind, tried saving as ANSI like s4nt0s suggested and now it's importing. I guess when you export in SB it won't save ANSI by default.
    @sabina24 - Did you try changing the encoding from utf-8 to ANSI when saving the scrapebox file like I mentioned above?
  • langdontlangdont Canada
    edited August 2018
    @s4nt0s I tried the encoding. I get it to start the import but nothing goes into the identified, even though Im scraping with GSA Footprints. Not sure whats going on with it. Still can't get a list to identify and sort in. 
    @langdont - Is the project set to "process files" or is it monitoring a folder? I need more details of how you have it configured. Can you send me the file you're importing or a sample of it so I can test on my end?