Skip to content

GSA SER Stable Version

Hey @sven

I'm just curious. How come you never release a stable version of GSA SER?
I'm confused as to when I should update and when not to.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    everything is stable :P
  • sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
    @sven good one :)
  • A suggestion that I would give to @Sven is this one (it's just my opinion):
    - Don't you think that it would be better to upgrade Ser only once a week (or even month, or maybe every 15 days)?
    A lot of PROS for this option:
    1. In case of new bugs for the new version, we (users) will spend our time (for try, test, eventually downgrade to previous version, restart VPS, say bad words :(( etc etc) only once every month (or week), and not almost every day;
    2. you'll have more time to test the new version before to give it to everybody;
    3. you can save time uploading the new version less often;
    4. everybody will be happy :D:D:D

CONS:

1. ??
    2. ???

Just my opinion, hoping it doesn't annoy you.

Anyway thank you a lot for the really great work you everyday do! ^:)^

• nawshalenawshale Sales & Tech Support at www.SERVerifiedLists.com
    @Sven this is a very good suggestion we believe you say something instead of everything's stable :)
  • I think the way the @sven works is better for SER as he produces frequent updates which improves the software and adds new features. 

A lot of these recent issues tend to be mchn specific, so would be difficult to spot in any testing he did e.g. I have two installs, one on a home server and one on a VPS, and the home server has had all all the 8.0x problems where as the VPS has been rock solid.

I keep a copy of all the decent old versions everytime I update, so if ever I have a problem, I can run that version until the current one is fixed.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited March 2014
    @sagarpatil I'm sure all your problems will be solved when you make the changes I suggested to you on Skype.

LOL I'm still laughing about it. 
    =))

Side Note: Everyone that seems to be having problems and wanting things fixed fast. Here's a suggestion for you.

SAVE and RENAME all versions of SER that run good for you BEFORE you update. Then if you update, you'll still have a good version to fall back on. It only took me one time not having SER run good and wishing I had saved a previous version to start saving all the time.
  • imagine there is a bug on 1 update, you want to wait a week before bug fix?..... 
    you may think no but updates once a week and fix bug when there is one, well its more smart to make updates and fix bug at the same time then wait one thing or another... i thing the updates are good like this, bugs are not usual the main problem is ppl crying about lpm or proxies but is almost everytime users settings not a sven bug
  • The reason GSA has developed so quickly is because they update when ever they have the chance. Putting a set date for updates essentially is like caging a lion in a jungle. GSA is good as is and will continue to prosper.
  • I also have to agree that I wish SER keeps getting updated almost daily. I'm always thrilled to get a new version. As long as the costumers can keep such a good relationship with Sven as we already have then I think it's perfect how it already is. We can really put the software to the test from every angle imaginable, which would take one man a huge amount of time to do while continously making sure everything is still functioning as expected. I'd much rather have Sven focus on bug fixing and continously improving this great software.

Also I'd like to mention that I tried running 7.2x a week or something ago on my server to see if that performed any better as I remembered it as a golden version, but it turned out it only ran worse than the most up to date version which people were complaining about. I've come to realize that it's usually my projects that are to blame, because they are at times pretty huge and they're only getting bigger every day. That being said, I'm still praying for a 64 bit version everyday :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Bugs happen, sure one day I add bugs to a new version but I fix it almost instantly. But usually all updates are not about bug fixing but improving things or add new features.

Also it's up to you if you update or not. Noone forces you.

• edited March 2014
    @Sven That's really a good point :)
    Simply I can and I will update once a week as I prefer. I will save the little free time I have now, I won't stop my projects and I think there are no problems if I update once each 7 updates (I mean, if I go from version 8.05 directly to 8.12 nothing change.... right?).
    Thanks to everybody!
  • Guys shut up ! SER is one time payment software,  you have no right judge Sven, be happy he keep a eye on our favorite seo tool . 
  • @edyculay
    It would be better you talk in more polite way here, we are just talking about suggestions or opinions that everybody is free and legitimate to do
  • @Trevor_Bandura..I wish I did saved it!... which version is working now for you ? can you share it please ?
    @mamadou I'm currently on 7.98
  • @Trevor_Bandura ... do me a favor and upload it please. I learned the lesson! next time I will backup the working versions.
    @mamadou sent you a pm.
  • i only update when i see a new feature that i am interested on using... i have updated with a difference of 20-25 between versions and nothing happens to my actual projects.... the only bad thing is that there are a lot of new platforms that i am missing but that's not a big deal.

• edited March 2014
    @Trevor_Bandura, would you be so kind to send me a PM with the download URL for 7.98? All versions 8+ have me spinning my wheels.
  • @rodol
    Good info, it was exactly what I'm thinking now, thanks for the tip
  • edited March 2014
    I got one question: What is the url of a place where we can check what was changed/added in a new version? I remember seeing it somewhere but can't find it now.

Sometimes when I'm running GSA SER on ma machine I see that update is available but I would like to see if it is worth updating for me now, or later after stopping my projects.
  • @Nitros, or scroll to the top of this page and you can see - ChangeLog [ SER CB ]

Click on SER or CB. You may need to Refresh the page...
  • Thanks a lot guys.