Skip to content

Saving Unknown Fields

edited March 2014 in Feature Requests
I've been having writing some engines for GSA lately and as much as the debugger is helpful, is there any possibility of having GSA save unknown fields?

Basically any form field it sees on a page which is not already in the engine file would be good and possibly saving the following information:
- Field name
- Number of times it has been seen
- Step which it is seen during
- An example URL where it was found

When running huge lists this could really help with success rate, as there's only so many fields that can be grabbed manually.

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Actually it is already in, just not in the version released. I added such things for myself (compiled in debug mode). Though this file is huge already and once in a while I take it and improve engines based on this statistics.

Making it available for everyone might not be that worthwhile as you are the only one interested in it so far ;)

• edited March 2014
    Hi Sven,

Thanks for your response. I think if you could make it option hidden away in the advance options it would be a very good addition. You could include a warning stating it will create large files. Possibly you could have it only activated if GSA is run with a command line switch too, so people don't turn it on by accident.

At the moment, myself and a couple of other people finding fields on registration forms using Xrumer self-learning, and then porting them into GSA afterwards. The problem is, we can't use Xrumer to find fields on forms that are used once you have logged in (unless xrumer is modded to login/post etc).

If you don't want to make a public release, is there any chance I can get a copy of the release with this option?

Thanks
  • +1 to what hungryim said. My dev friend has something similar in place and i miss it completely. This will be a very handy feature even if implemented using some advanced option menu or in some other way. 
  • +1 to hungryim as well
  • +1 from me too. Would be really useful for adding new engines.

sorry this is no option I can make public available for now. Maybe in future.
  • Ok, just out of curiousity, why do you not want to add it?
    I got my reasons
  • Ok - If you wouldn't mind PMing me and letting me know, if you don't want to say publicly.
    I own 12 x GSA licenses and I don't ask for much, but this is important to me!
    next version has it ... was just adding it ;P
  • awesome! Thanks :)
  • edited March 2014
    Great. Thanks.