Skip to content

Tiered Link Building Questions

I have a few questions related to tiered link building using SER. I use web20 sites to link directly to my money site. My questions:
1) should i use 10 web20 sites to my money site and then build 1000 links to each of them or use 100 web20 and build 100 links to each of them? there will be 10.000 tier 2 links either way, but which one is the best option? I know the amount of links needed to rank a keyword differs from one kw to another, but hypothetically, which of the 2 options is better - fewer tier 1 links and more tier 2 links to them or more tier 1 links and fewer tier 2?
2) what anchors should i use? in my tier 1 should i use exact match anchors? what about tier 2?
3) in my tier 2 (linking to the web20 posts) should i link to the post page itself (like subdomain.wordpress.com/post-title) or to the root of the site (subdomain.wordpress.com)

Comments

• Howdy @dvolker

1) There's no clear answer to this as it depends on the niche and KWs.  I'd start with 10 and see what happens and then increase the web2.0 if you're not seeing the movement. 
    2) Some use the exact same anchors throughout their campaigns, others used related, but broader KWs as you go up the tiers.  You'll need to mix up the KWs throughout the tiers, don't just use exact match.
    3) Both.