Skip to content

CapBreak_CMD.exe crashing

Hello @Sven

I have custom linkbuilding bot i am running on same server as CB and i am using the CapBreak_CMD.exe for faster performance, however from time to time it crashes like shown in the screenshot below. Any advice?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Is that reproduceable with some kind of captcha image?
  • I don't think so, it happens on random captchas

I will try to make some kind of logging at my linkbuilder bot with the hope to be able to log these crashes and the exact captchas with the hope to be able to see any pattern and to be able to provide you some more info

by the way could it be something from the multithreading? Is the cmd.exe multithread safe? as in the .dpr file i see it uses memory mapping, but there is no waitread() and there's a chance if the random id generated is same that cause crash.. Sometimes you know same random id could be generated if time is within same milisecond.. what you think?
    You are right....I forgot to initialize the randomization. Will fix it in next version. Though it should be multithreaded.
  • Sven

OK, great!

Actually i found the issue.. it seems it is crashing due to something with a response it is receiving from CB.. when i started using it with the -q option there's no crash for already 24 hours..
  • Sven

Apparently that didn't fix the issue :(

Today my vps got overloaded by such crash messages. I really hope you can fix it soon please
  • @Sven

thanks for fixing the issue in the new version just released, however there is something pretty wrong as now it doesn't work at all, it returns some kind of weird results..

C:\Program Files\GSA Captcha Breaker>CapBreak_CMD.exe ROXI.png
    GSA Captcha Breaker CMD v0.01 (C) www.gsa-online.de

Result:  ЙPNG
    make sure you run it as admin.
  • @Sven

yes i am logged in and running it as administrator and I get results in some weird characters like i pasted and :

Result:   ╪ р

no matter what captchas i try. I get same results both on win 2008 r2 and win7

When i reverted to old version of CapBreak_CMD.exe and GSA_CapBreak.exe it works like before
    I mean do you run that command line version as admin (right clcik ->run as admin)?
  • @Sven

yes, I have opened the command line prompt by right click -> run as administrator
    fixed in upcoming version (just uploading)