Skip to content

How to insert anchor text in the article

edited November 2012 in Need Help
What do I insert in the article if I want to the anchor text link to be through out the article?

For example, it only puts it at the END of the article right now http://movingyoufoward.net/marble-falls-homes-property-and-real-estate/
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    read the FAQ please.
  • I know I read the question about placeholders but there is not one for the anchor text linking to the url. I see %url% but this will just put in the url right?

I just need to know the placeholder for anchor text.
  • Took me less than 2 mins to find this in the FAQ. What placeholders are available for the fields?
    %NAME% - will be replaced with the a random users name
    %EMAIL% - will be replaced with the a random email (auto generated)
    %WEBSITE% - will be replaced with the users website url
    %BLOGURL% - will be replaced with the target url you are about to submit to
    %BLOGTITLE% - will be replaced with the page title of the target site
    %keyword% - uses random keyword from project settings
    %spinfile-% - takes a random line in that file
    %source_url% - referrer page
    %targeturl% - same as %blogurl%
    %targethost% - just the http://www.domain.com without a path
    %random_email% - same as %email%
    %random--% - a random number between min and max
    %spinfolder-% - takes content of a random file in that folder
    %file-% - takes content of that file
    %url_domain% - just the domain name of your url
    %url% - your url
    %?????% anything from the project input boxes e.g. %anchor_text% or %website_title%
    or %description_250% ...
    special variables for blogs:
    %meta_keyword% - takes a keyword from target meta tags
    %blog_title% - same as %blogtitle%
    special variables for image commenting:
    %image_title% - the name of the image you comment on (sometimes it is sadly the
    filename only as some webmasters don't set a title)
    Thanked by 1jmah

not to mention that one FAQ also answers that question in more detail. To make it short it is...

<a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>

• @pcmosely- Actually this is a fairly legit question and is not covered in the FAQ. SER does not have an available placeholder for this sort of thing unless you are ONLY USING 1 URL/ANCHOR TEXT. If you are using multiple urls/anchor texts, Sven's solution above will not work.

If you have multiple urls/anchor texts, then you'll just have to use spintax like this:
    {<a href="url.com">anchor text1</a>|<a href="url2.com">anchor text2|<a href="url3.com">anchor text3</a>}

I've requested a placeholder for this, but no one seems to understand my request. ;-)
    So you ask for placeholder like %url1% and %anchor_text1% ?
  • Your example mentioned above will not work if you have several urls and anchor texts. The urls will not match up with the correct anchor texts that they belong with.

There was already a huge discussion on this here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/513/is-there-a-variable-that-pulls-the-url-with-corresponding-anchor-text#Item_33

You could not and probably still can't grasp this fairly easy request....
  • nothing is easy when it comes to programming. in your mind might be but coding and implementation is not. considering the functionality the software is providing it is worth more than the price of admission we paid. Not sure if you are an SEO but if you are you will know how much they will charge you for a project/campaign that GSA SER can do.

I understand that what you are requesting is definitely appropriate and it would be great function but for you to say "You could not and probably still can't grasp this fairly easy request...." I think is out-of-line.
  • @soot- Your off topic when it comes to a discussion about the value of SER. I never once mentioned that SER wasn't providing great SEO automated tasks at a fraction of the rate it's competitors provide. This is why I purchased the software and use it daily. With that being said.....

SER is constantly evolving and with the large library of placeholders it currently provides, the one requested by the original poster AND by myself within the link mentioned above (one of the same) is not requesting much. I see what Sven is capable of and does a great job of keeping SER up to date and evolving. If you even took time to read the thread (link above), you would understand that I have evaluated, explained and then re-explained 10X over, the request of this sought after placeholder, hence why the statement was made.

I never undermine Sven's programming skills, but he does seem to have a hard time understanding english and grasping requests (not only mine, but from other threads). You may see this as an insult, but I am merely conveying what holds true to the forum. Let's talk about what I'm not good at...........DEFINATELY not programming, not understanding the german language, and not putting up with "mommy nags" about what one stranger thinks is proper and what is not.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @grafx77 - I think I now understand what you want.

You want to be able to place a few URL's in the body of an article BUT it should match anchor text to the specific URL!

Like:

URL1{ANCHOR1|ANCHOR2|ANCHOR3}
    URL2{ANCHOR3|ANCHOR4|ANCHOR5}

SO in the body when it uses the <a href="%URL%">%ANCHOR%</a> it would ever only use ANCHORS 1,2,3 when using URL 1, OR if it is using URL2, it would ever only use ANCHORS 3,4,5.

NEVER would it place Anchors,3,4,5 to URL 1.

Is that about it? OR have I missed it again. ;-)

So it needs to link the anchor to the URL, rather than a random anchor. 

I understood now what grafx77 was referring to. He wanted to have multiple URLs on this article, not just one. And he wanted to have it paired with the anchor text. 

Just see upcoming version with more macros.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - let's see if it's what Grafx77 was referring to! I think it was...

Have you added it to upcoming version? (Is it's use in the macro guide?)
    yes all in next version
  • Thank you Sven!! Your a saint!!
  • wow @grafx77 finally got his placeholders. I think we should put this date down in SER history :)
  • ;-) persistence really does pay off!
  • See it was added today.....nice work Sven....you da man!! ;)