Skip to content

More elegant email verification thingy?

edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
Hello all I need some help here because I might be doing this wrong.

So what I do now all along is click the "Check Blacklist" to see whether the email is clean and this means we have to sit infront of the computer checking every now and then. This is no good if you let it run 24/7 or need to get out of the house and a waste of captcha service.

And by the time the email is marked, blacklisted it's too late. Anyway isn't it better if we can add in a list of emails and SER just use one email and auto check after every submission batch until it's blacklisted and skip to the next one?

Also am I correct to say that SER will only email verify the links from the current email account inbox because when I go back to the old email accounts I see there's no changes in there since I use the delete after verify option. Meaning if it submitted to 1000 places under email-123@hotmail but once I changed it to email-789@hotmail it will not go back to email-123@hotmail to verify the links there? This is a huge waster of captcha if I'm correct. Many thanks.

Comments

• +1 on this one, the check emails, against blacklisted entries should be in some way automated, and the project stopped with entries are found
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    We have a thread about this already. No need to open another one. Im aware of this issue but there are more things to take care of than the mentioned one and all together it is not that easy to implant it the way it seems logical to you as there are technical barriers to take care of.
  • If you are able  I'd deff go with this solution.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/318/possible-solution-to-email-problem#Item_43

It has taken care of all my emails problems.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Maybe Sven can focus on other areas as the catchall seems like the best solution anyway. Rather get Sven to focus on other areas that still need new solutions?