Skip to content

Url Shortener Ultimate Tips

KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
edited February 2014 in Feature Requests
Lot of suggestion today .... sorry Sven :)

However it'll probably interest you. 

I did not intend to share, but i like GSA compagny, your work and guy post here. 

It's my gift ... 

We can use url shortener with service (take only shortener with 301 redirect ...). 

However url raccourcci will quickly remove by shortener site. 

There is a method that'll surely delight a lot of people to permanently bypass this problem:

The url encryption 

We can generate a million variant Url with this method, and three quarts of url shortener can not ban us. 

If the idea interests you, extract the code here: http://www.ronray.net/scripts/URL-Encryption-II.html

;)

Comments

• Hard to understand, what was the problem and what is your solution, but maybe @sven will check this.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm to be honest those urls wouldn't even get verified in GSA...maybe I should add that first.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    OK next version will verify such URLs as well. But I have my doubts that URL Shorteners will accept such URLs as input.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited February 2014
    RayBan  not problem, or solution its a method. it avoids massive cuts backlink, they are all unique.

Look that:
    http://tinyurl.com/ngg8lg8    ...... and it's the same url ;)

I have perform the test on a massive scale (establishment of shortener with encrypted url), it works very very well ;)

They have a lot of trouble finding it in their base given.

By cons, I have not tested on url shortener include in SER.

List of service with 301 redirection for link juice (in FR):

• When I enter yahoo.com I get the expected url encoding but when I paste that into my browser, it converts to

YAHOo.com and

Firefox can't find the server at (url encoded url).

but if I hit enter again with YAHOo.com in the url box it does work.

Kind of strange. Maybe it is one of my browser extensions preventing this or anyone else seeing this problem?
  • still not quiet understand how to use it
  • So, how we can use this to our advantage?
  • @JamPackedSpam, I'm pretty sure it is to make multiple short urls to the same domain. A lot of url shorteners will only let you create one short url for the same domain, but when you use this you trick the url shortener into believing that you are shortening different urls all the time. I think it's pretty genius to be honest. What I used to do was 301 all non existing pages to my root domain, and then shorten urls like this: domain.com/?id=x, where x is a different number every time.
  • Okay, so what is the advantage of having multiple shortened URLs from the same shortening domain? You're going through the same domain, getting the same referring IP/domain multiple times. Thanks for the detailed answer @fakennickahl
    edited March 2014
    @fakenickahl tanks :) 

"What I used to do was 301 all non existing pages to my root domain, and then shorten urls like this: domain.com/?id=x, where x is a different number every time"

I have tested that with url rewriting htacces >> home :)

Unable to banish (This is important because there is little service 301). 
    Your stock of baclinks will not jump into in single time (a few hundred thousand that has happened to me). 
    Even if deferral is difficult to find all variants in database ...
  • @kaine, please find someone who speaks your native language and English and have them translate for you :) I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you're saying.
    edited March 2014
    i translate too it's hard for me ^^

Quelqu'un parle Francais ?

Again a gift ;)

Use with Zennoposter free edition: http://zennolab.com/en/products/zennoposter/download/

There you'll create about 1,000 encrypted version of your url.

I say "encryption" but the real terme is "obfuscation" ... more info here:http://www.pc-help.org/obscure.htm
  • edited March 2014
    @Kaine, did you have any success rewriting htaccess? I just used a wordpress plugin. My purpose was to link to my website hundreds of thousands of times on tumblr. They'd blacklist urls after a certain amount of time, and they did not follow links so that worked out perfectly for me.

"Your stock of baclinks will not jump into in single time (a few hundred thousand that has happened to me). 
    Even if deferral is difficult to find all variants in database ..."

Would you be able to possibly rephrase this in any way? I also am not really sure what you mean here. I really don't mean to be insulting, but could I possibly have you try using google translate to translate from France to English to see how that turns out?

Also, all the posts I have seen from you have been truly awesome. You really have a great knowledge and lots of gems to share, which I greatly appreciate. Sometimes I just find myself having to read your post several times to truly get the meaning, because I don't want to miss out on one bit of information you have to offer. And thanks for the latest share, I'll sure put it to good use :)
    edited March 2014
    It's nice of you, I also like to share :)

The trouble is that I already use google translation ^ ^ 

"Your stock of baclinks will not jump into in single time (a few hundred thousand that has happened to me)"

I mean, we can not delete all your backlink once.

If you use a single service such as tinyurl, with a single url, a spam report and the shortcut is destroyed (with all your links at the same time). 

1 shortcut = 1000 backlinks 
    If the shortcut is destroyed it is finished for the 1000 backlinks 

With encrypt url: 

1000 urls shortened = 1000 encrypted (only 1 is at the origin) 
    1 urls shortened destroyed = 999 backlinks ok ...

This causes strange things in analytics, and often the referer is not visible ;)
  • Oh I see, I'm glad you are still participating in these forums even though there is a language barrier then. Thanks for further explaining it to me, I now get your point and I agree. I am about to experiment with something which will require a significant amount of 301s from url shorteners. It's awesome to be able to use the url shorteners of high authority multiple times instead of going with those that have lesser authority. Please keep up the awesome shares :)
    edited March 2014
    I like coming to this forum and I appreciate people who are here. 
    Have the chance to have Sven, which really allows us to make beautiful thing. :)

"did you have any success rewriting htaccess? I just used a wordpress plugin. My purpose was to link to my website hundreds of thousands of times on tumblr. They'd blacklist urls after a certain amount of time, and they did not follow links so that worked out perfectly for me"

Yes it works well but I feel that the last update of Google have reduced effectiveness. 

Many people have talked about the 301 redirect and it's not going to help us ... as analytic in trouble with encrypted url there in probably the thing to do. 

I thought to do me a backlink network (like the shortened url) would be possible to switch / toggled on another target .... ;)
  • Sorry, but I am so confused about this :( I don't understand the benefit of being able to create multiple URL shorteners from the same service vs using multiple URL shortening services?
  • @JamPackedSpam, multiple shortened urls from the same domain is great for lots of different stuff. For example on social networks where your link is easily blacklisted when you are spamming, it's great to have the ability to create several thousands shortened urls from the same url shortener. The amount of url shorteners available is limited, and the amount of these which people are used to seeing on social networks are even further limited.

Also, I'm about to use this for blasting lots of different shortened urls pointing at my domain. Lots of the url shorteners with high amounts of the attractive stats such as toolbar pagerank and domain authority are removing your 301 redirects if they are being spammed to death or being reported by people. If you use hundreds of shortened urls from the highly attractive url shorteners, you are hugely minimizing your risk of losing link juice. Also I'll feel more confident blasting the same target urls hundreds of times if I can backlink to different shortened urls instead of using the same shortened url over and over again.
  • I think you can do it yourself:

get a domain, put yourl on it, allow multiple urls inside the script and built your own urls pointing to one domain. Benefit is that no shortening service could blacklist your url or delete your url.

Other advantage: if you offer url shortening to everyone else, after some time you get a lot of guys using your url shortener (if you push it with Ser, it gets very popular, very fast).

After some time just export the whole database, get scrapebox to extract all backlinks from shortened urls, original urls and domains of original from every url inside of the database. You get a hell of backlinks that Ser can process...

• @magix the advantage of using tiny url and such are that they have huge domain authority and toolbar page rank, which takes a long time to get yourself. Also just because you build an url shortener does not mean people will come. I have never seen anything but bots using the lesser known url shorteners, I'm only seeing the established ones being used by regular people. But I like the idea of extracting the backlinks which people has been generating.
    edited March 2014
    @magix You speak of that: "I thought to do me a backlink network (like the shortened url) would be possible to switch / toggled on another target" ?

If this is the method of encryption it works fine. 

Another point I did not address: Akismet 
    If a webmaster or Akismet trying to block you, it will no longer ... 

You become thanks to the encryption, you are now a new user for any support ;)

Just generate enough encrypted version > and pass in the url raccourciceur. I recommend 1 url encrypted for  1 shortened url.

If webmaster report you at short url service, only one url can be deleted.
  • The Askimet things make sense mates. No longer webmaster be block you from building link to site because they have URL shortener IP and not money site IP.
    edited March 2014
    If you blast on website only with the same url, webmaster bannish you.

You can only create one shortened url for your domaine in shortened website, not with encryption.

But how can be bannish you if you use 100 000 differente (and more more than/like unlimited) url for the same website ?
  • i don't think encryption has any benefit...encryption links cannot even open properly in browser.
    Visibly only firefox don't want work with, but I do not force anyone to use this method ;)
  • @Kaine, thanks for your tips! You say "Use with Zennoposter free edition: http://blankrefer.com/?http://zennolab.com/en/products/zennoposter/download/ http://blankrefer.com/?http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/66922996/file.html. There you'll create about 1,000 encrypted version of your url." Please explain how to use Zennoposter and downloaded file with (from Zippyshare) for this. Thanks again.