Skip to content

A few update questions.....

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Ver. 4.52 - new: ability to set download retry for site lists - where is this option?

Ver 4.51 -  new: dynamic text captcha like "please type the word 'xyz' into the box below" - how exactly does this work? Work the same as "forum questions" where you have to find the saved question in the saved text file, answer it, and save it?

- Is there an option with GSA in where if I decide to uncheck "send verified link to indexer services" that the links can be saved as a text file, so I can use my indexer service at a later date?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

> Ver. 4.52 - new: ability to set download retry for site lists - where is this option?

When you start to parse for sites lists, a dialog pops up that lets you specify the value.

> Ver 4.51 - new: dynamic text captcha like "please type the word 'xyz' into the box below"

If you get a question like "enter word "xyz" into the box below" it would make no sense really to record the question/answer here as the content of word "xyz" would be really random on each reload. The program now understands this and can see it is dynamic and automatically enter "xyz" for you without asking you.

>- Is there an option with GSA in where if I decide to uncheck "send verified link to indexer services" that the links can be saved as a text file, so I can use my indexer service at a later date?

You can always select the URLs you want in show verified links dialog and send them in a batch to SEO Indexer or any other indexing service.

• Followup....

1. > Ver. 4.52 - I don't see any "parse for site lists" is this an option of sorts? Very vague...need a bit more explanation please.

2. >Ver 4.51 - Ok cool....so SER does this for you automatically.

3. True...didn't think of that. ;-)
  • 1. options -> advanced -> tools -> indentify and sort site lists
  • No such option under Tools and please explain what this is even for??

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you e.g. click the "Search Online for URLs" you will see that mentioned option on that dialog.
  • Ok the option is states: "Retry to download for _"  NOT "parse for site lists" or "indentify and sort site lists".

I appreciate the help, but using the wrong terms and fields makes things more confusing than what it should.

NOTE: To all those reading this and wondering what the "tools" function is for, since there is no clear explanation of this, it works in the same way as ScrapeBox. You can enter your own footprints, scan SEs, and come up with your own URL list >> then remove duplicate URLs/etc and add that list to SER.