Skip to content

[Guide] High Quality Campaign

OzzOzz
edited March 2013 in Other / Mixed
Hi folks!

This will be a guide how to set up a quality campaign. The idea is that you only have to use SER to manage the whole campaign, wherever possible. Of course, there might better tools on the market to do some specific jobs, but not everyone has the budget to buy/subscribe those tools. Because of that I will focus on SER and free or cheap tools when needed or recommended and tweak the shit out of SER :)

Please notice that this will be a closed discussion to keep the thread clean and easy to read. Along to this guide I have opened a new thread to discuss/critizise the ideas and concept.

Some topics I will include into this guide:
- introduction of the basic concept
- preparation to start a successfull campaign
- tweaking scripts and project options
- scheduling the campaign before, between and afterwards

Don't forget: You can do everything, but you don't have to!

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    Basic Concept:

This is just an example. Nothing is written in stone!

What you need to understand about this concept:
    - Quality over quantity in Tier 1
    - Quantity over quality the more your Tiers stir out of your money site
    - The campaign is splitted up into primary and secondary links
    - In the end you have to decide...
    ... what kind of platforms/engines you want to use
    ... what kind of filters/settings are useful
    ... how deep your link pyramid has to be

Primary and Secondary Links

The main idea is to keep the campaign as natural as possible, only drive contextual dofollow links through your tiers and strenghten each tier with secondary links.

Why we are splitting the platforms?
    You can answer this by yourself if you are asking if you would bookmark a forum profile or a blog comment "in reality"? The answer is "No" and because of that we are splitting them up. Another reason for this is to get a better control over the whole campaign. There are arguments to fragment the project even more and I will give you reasons for it later on in this guide. But in the end you have to decide. The more fragmented your project is, the more complicated it will get but the better control you will have over it.

Possible Primary Engines (contextual, do follow):
    - Web 2.0's: All with the exception of Opera or Xfire for instance, because those are no follow sites. Also uncheck profile only sites like Technocrati. I would prefer to post to high authority sites first when starting a new campaign and you could also add sites by hand if not supported by SER. Squidoo or Tumblr for instance.
    - Article Sites: Same as Web 2.0's. High authority sites first.
    - Blog Posts: Drupal Blog, vBulletin Blog and alike. My gut says that PHPMotion is a platform you should avoid in Tier 1 for instance, if you decide to use those platforms in that tier.
    - Social Networks: Same as Blog Posts. You may want to decide which platform suits best for each tier. JCow for instance could be used for secondary linking only as its no follow.
    - Videos: The only engine we should make use of is ClipBucket by now
    - Document Sharing: Only Scribd is suitable by now, but I'm sure that more suitable engines will be added in the future
    - Wikis: Moodle, TikiWiki and MoinMoin comes in mind as they are do follow. You should be more carefull with these platforms in Tier 1 in my opinion

Possible Secondary Engines:
    - No Follow Contextuals: JCow, MediaWiki and alike. Those engines could be used for varying the backlinks to your money site for instance
    - Microblogs / Social Bookmarks / Web Directories: Just point these to each tier to strenghten your site/links
    - Niche related Comments: It seems like a good idea to me if some good blog comments are pointing to the money site
    - Blog-/Image Comments / Trackbacks / Profiles / Guestbooks: Use this to attract the spiders so your created backlinks won't get unnoticed by the search engines.

A sample setup to a high quality campaign could look like this in SER:

Some sources you might find interesting to read/watch:
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    Things you need to consider on each Tier

First of you need to know that you don't have to build an exact number of Tiers, because this depends on too many factors like the competition for instance. Sometimes 2 Tiers are enough, some people build 4 Tiers to accomplish their goal. But I think it is a good advice in general to seperate your project to primary and secondary links at least for the 1st Tier to get a better control of your project and platforms.

Another question should be how fast you are building up your Tiers. Please excuse me, if I can't give you any exact numbers about this, because this also depends on too many factors and everybody should decide that for himself. But I won't start with each Tier at the same time. 
    Maybe you wan't to build 3-6 high quality primary links and 3 secondary links per day for Tier 1 in the first week and then start with Tier 2 and build 25 links per day. Then wait another week and start with Tier 3 for example. That numbers aren't written in stone and you could easily build more sites like 30 links/day from the beginning on, but should wait to build another Tier for a couple of days. You could also increase those numbers after a "slow" start if you feel comfortable with it. Just remember that there is no exact science about this and everything is different for everyone.

You also need know that you are not forced for verify the submissions on the very last Tier in SER. This will save some rescourses in SER.

Reasons to verify the last Tier are:
    - if you are unsure if you want to build another Tier in the future
    - if you have enough rescourses in SER (= not many projects and/or submission to make per day)
    - if you want to index verified links of the last Tier
    - if you are just curious to see how your verification rate is

If nothing of this is true to you than uncheck "Verify submissions" in your project options, because it doesn't matter if your submissions will be verified or not.

Characteristics of each Tier

Tier 1
    - High quality links that will last. PR of that site is a good factor if you need to consider that
    - The more stabe the link, the safer it is to put it closer to your money site
    - Contextual, relevant content that makes sense should be used. Write for humans, not for search engines. This helps to get your links verified and stay longer on that site.
    - The goal is to build PR to those site and finally pass the juice to your money site
    - Very strict use of the bad word list, PR- and OBL-filter
    - Use the Anchor Text options like S4nt0s stated in his post about that topic

Tier 2
    - The links of this Tier will be used to build up your Tier 1 and its PR
    - Lower quality, higher quantity compared to Tier 1
    - Sites should be easier to build than in Tier 1
    - Links should last several month in best case
    - Contextual, relevant & on topic content which could be created with tools like ACW, WAC or KM for instance
    - PR and Domain filter don't need to be as strict anymore. You could also consider to loosen up your bad word list, too
    - Consider to use/add LSI keywords (= keyword variations) as well as to use a higher percentage of generic keywords (not sure about that though)

Tier 3
    - Lowest quality, as many and as quickly as we can go
    - Almost anything goes
    - Link life isn't as important as in the upper Tiers
    - This links are used for attracting search engine spiders and to show them the right direction
    - Anchor text doesn't matter that much and you could use a very high percentage of generic keywords (again, not 100% sure about this)

Reasons for splitting up your projects

The best way to manage your campaign is always to keep it as simple as possible. But there are good reasons to seperate some parts of your project from each other. To seperate between primary and secondary links is one reason you have to consider at least for Tier 1.

But even if you have done that you could fragment it even more.

Reasons why you might want to split your projects:
    - Gain higher control of filters for platforms 
    -> To post Blog Comments with Page PR for example
    -> Forum or Guestbooks should have a higher PR than the other platforms for instance
    - Manual submission 
    -> Blog commenting in custom mode or manually captcha solving for Web 2.0.
    - Platform(s) should only post to imported URLs
    - Form fields have different meanings 
    -> "Website Title" for instance is used in a different way in most Web 2.0 than in Social Bookmarks,
    where the Website Title is more like your Anchor Text
    -> Keywords are used as Tags for some engines and you might consider to use "General Tags" instead
    one of your "specific" keywords ("Football" instead of "Football Games History")
    -> some engines will create your own page and you want to use an anchor text for this "new" domain
    ("login = anchor text" in this case)
    - Site needs more time for verification
    -> some Web- and Article-Directories need weeks/months to approve your submission
    - Save Captcha costs and seperate high priority sites for additional captcha solving services from 
    sites with a lower priority

**End of Story**
This discussion has been closed.