Skip to content

Stand Alone Import and Sort Application

edited February 2014 in Feature Requests
Hello,

@Sven, I've just recently stopped using SER for scraping sites and am relying on other applications for this and I've learned that the "Import and Sort" function is good but can be a bottleneck.

- Currently when importing a large list sites into SER it needs to share the threads that are set for posting when I need my threads primarily focused on posting and having to share the threads slows both operations down, post and importing.

- When there is no posting taking place and all the threads are focused on importing obviously the list is imported much faster, and when there is no importing the posting is much faster.

- When updates to SER are pushed I have to wait for my importing to finish otherwise I need to abort and start completely over.

So I'm asking if it would be possible to have a small, add-on app that starts and operates separately from SER when you go to: options - advanced - (any import option selected). Basically it's exe file would be in the SER folder and the links located within SER for importing features would act as shortcuts to fire the app up.

This stand alone app would have the following:

- Dedicated threads which could be controlled and changed during the import process.
- Would feed right into the SER lists files independently from SER.
- Separate exe from SER would allow SER to be updated without having to stop imports.

And that would be it, simple but frees SER from this very long process that usually takes place with large imports. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yea might be an own application sooner or later, but right now it has to stay as it is for some more sorry.
  • Thanks @Sven for commenting.

Maybe a stand alone is too large of a task to ask at this point. I guess it would also increase the workload in general having to deal with two programs and possibly two different areas people would start having feature requests for.

Can you think of a way that would just allow SER to restart while imports are still happening? That's the biggest issue right now. Even if for the moment threads still would have to be shared, just being able to update SER while imports are happening would be really helpful.

Thanks.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    will try to look into it.
  • edited February 2014
    Sounds like a good feature to have...