Skip to content

Posting multiple times on sites

I've "Allow Posting on same site again" unchecked And "don not submit duplicate articles" checked with per site/domain.

But i can see GSA posting multiple times on one site with same link. Why is this happening?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Is it a tier project?
  • Nope, it's not.. it's direct project.
  • I have basically the same problem.  I have "allow posting on same site again" checked because I plan to add more articles to the project soon.  And "do not submit duplicate articles" checked.  However, GSA has posted 4 different spins of the same article to the same site.  If I understand correctly, this configuration should prevent that. 

For the meantime, I am unchecking "allow posting on same site again", but have low hopes that will solve the problem based on Knopper's experience.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    "allow posting on same site again" does not exists anymore!?
  • i guess he's still using older version of GSA!
  • I was using v7.47 which was updated 5 days ago.  Just now I've installed the v7.49.

"allow posting on same site again" is still an available option in v7.49.  It is in the project editor window, go to the Options tab and scroll down to "scheduled posting".

@Knopper, have you solved the problem on your end?
  • I've tried with a New list with unique domains in it, And GSA didn't posted any thing more than once.. So, YES!
  • Either way, the "Do not submit duplicate articles" option is the one I thought would have prevented the multiple posts. 

To be clear, the multiple posts are not exactly duplicates, they are different spins of the same article.
    Also, the multiple posts are occurring in Wiki engines so far, technically not Article sites.  Maybe I misunderstand that configuration, and maybe there is no way to prevent multiple wiki posts of the same spun article.
  • @Knopper.  What do you attribute your success to?
  • @rgietzen This is what i doubt which made GSA use the links more than once..

if the list has 1 site several times with different links, i guess GSA using that link as unique.. im not sure if im right..@Sven should comment on this..

when i tried totally unique sites list, where i didnt had single domain repeated.. i had no single link posted twice.
  • That makes since.  In my case even though I have a large list of URL's (36K verified), I have the PR set to 6, possibly causing it repost to the same wiki site because of few other options.
  • Update:

I deleted all the URL's that matched the "multiple postings".  Since then, no further repeat posts. 

Specifically I went into Options>Advanced> and then "open folder" for each of the URL lists that I have saved (identified, submitted and verified).  I then went to the folder of the appropriate engine type, in this case MediaWiki, opened and used the "find" feature to search for the base URL's and then deleted.

Success!