Skip to content

Forum Nick & Login Names Based On Gender

I spent hours searching, reading the macro guide and trying some out but I can't get this to work. Please help.

1) How do I get Login name and Forum Nick to use just female or just male names?
2) I have a file with female names, how do I set it to spin like how the randomizer is set so both the Login name and Forum Nick fields input the same UserNames.
3) Where is the username file which the randomizer uses?

Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edit the names.dat and lnames.dat file located in the engines folder.
  • I thought of doing that but if I have many different projects with different profiles it won't work.  IE project A uses female names, project B males, project C a combo.  In the engines folder I have femalenames.dat, malenames.dat, names.dat.  Now if I just edit the main names.dat and put only female names it will have all female names for the male project and mixed projects.
    Sorry, than you might as well change the scripts and make it a variable.
  • Don't understand. Can you please tell me how to do this, or point me to that part of the manual?

edit an engine making use of  %spinfile-names.dat%

exchange this with %first_name%

and add a new section

[first_name]

type=text

must be filled=1

default= %spinfile-names.dat%

thats it. When you now edit a project, it should ask you to fill that field.

• I had no idea what folder--->file to go in to "edit an engine".  Took me a while to try to figure it out by going through many.  But anyway I think I found it.  When I hovered over the 'Login' and 'Forum Nick' field in data I saw all the engines that uses this field.  I opened one of those engines and made the changes.  When I went back to the data tab the field I created "Female Name" was there, but only for that one engine.  

There are hundreds of engines that uses that field and it's really not practical and a huge chore to open all 100+ engines to add a field. This has become to much I might just go back to just use %spinfile-femalename.dat%, with the file I created.

Can you please tell me where I can find the Login and Forum Nick spin syntax that is used.  I'm trying to recreate that with the male & female files so it can be as unique as possible.

Thanks.

internally it takes names.dat and lnames.dat to create a login name.