Skip to content

Anyone else experiencing massive CPS usage?

goonergooner SERLists.com
Last week i could run 30 projects with 400 threads.
Today my VPS has 100% CPU and locks up with 10 projects on 200 threads.
I have the same problem across 3 VPS'. No setting changes from me.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You mean with latest update?
  • I had that yesterday, rolled back to the previous edition and it was fine. SER was showing 99% for CPU when Task Manager was saying 15%. I had 75 projects at 400 threads, but then tried 10 projects at 250 threads and it stayed at 99% and was getting Out of Memory errors. 7.29 has remedied it now it seems (for me at least)
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Thanks for replies @sven and @judderman - Yes i think it is related to 7.28 maybe. 7.29 has not fixed it for me.

I tried a fresh install with 7.29 on new VPS and have the same problem.
    Haven't changed much really. Maybe the new stop words make it slower? Try editing that file to hold less. If that fixes things, I have to work on that.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I just got a warning from my hosting company about RAM usage, on a brand new VPS with 5 projects only running. It is weird. I will wait for my hosting company to look into it, but they may come back and say its SER.... yes, it's latest version. Never had this before on any of my machines
    edited January 2014
    @judderman - Thanks for the reply, i thought it was just me with these problems for a while.

@sven - I deleted all contents of that file and deselected stop words in all projects, but still no change.
    I suspect something was changed in an earlier version but no one noticed it until now. I noticed this starting to happen about 2 - 3 days ago.

I suspect it has to do with new language detection/blocking, new re-verification options or new stop word options/languages.

But it's just a guess, here are some screenshots:

The only other weird thing is the submitted to verified figures. I am importing raw scrapes into this VPS, so 99.9% verification rate is very very high. I don't know if it's connected but it's definitely not normal for me.

Running only 10 projects

So you make usage of the language detection?
    I tested it on a couple of projects, but now it's off and still the same problem.

It's a bit strange because although it shows 100% CPU usage forever, there is not much lag and no "not responding" messages.

I guess it's just false stats from task manager? :S Performance is down but hopefully it'll get better.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    I just switched from 7.23 (which is fast and stable) to latest v7.32 and it is working great. It might come down to your settings on site lists vs search engines, etc.

For whatever crazy reason, I am finding if I use search engines + sitelists (as opposed to processing lists with search engines turned off), that I make more links.