Skip to content

Proxy Confusion...

edited October 2012 in Need Help
When checking proxies on GSA 8/10 of my private proxies are not working.... keep in mind I have been running GSA for about 5 days on these proxies. I tested the proxies in some other programs which more or less said the same thing that they were not working. I contacted proxy-hub about it and they said that all 10 were working flawlessly from their side and sent a screenshot of the scrapebox test that they did it on.

I don't really know what to think of this... are my proxies not working or just banned from certain search engines? Can I still use them for posting etc? Even though GSA is saying that they are  not working
Tagged:

Comments

• I realize it may be a stupid question im hoping someone could shed some light?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You can try to test it against some other site with other strings. 

e.g. you can use URLs from here http://web.freerk.com/proxyjudge/azenv.htm

URL: one of them on that site

String: HTTP_CLIENT_IP

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have read elsewhere that SB proxy checker is not the most reliable. 

Also - in GSA are you using Bing or Google to check proxies? (it can give different results)

I have the exact same issue as you. 20/20 working in SB. 20/20 working with Bing in GSA, and 14/20 working with Google in GSA. ;-)
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for that link, Sven. I'm testing this right now with public proxies. Results "feel" much better. It seems to me that I got way less good proxies, but those are working somewhat good. "Download failed" is more the exception than the rule.

I will report back in the public-proxy-thread in a couple of hours if I think that the settings I've used could work in the long run.
  • ok cool thanks for that site sven i think i figured it out