Skip to content

What are the best footprints?

Hi, Im opening this thread because I would like to know where can I get the best footprints, or what footprints should I delete from GSA. Obviously, I don't know much about footprints, thus when harvesting links, I just add all the predefined footprints. I understood that some footprints might not working good. Taking blog comment as an example, if I add all predefined footprints in blog comment, I'll sometimes get links that does not allow/have box for commenting. Thus, it wastes my time to filter out them, is it because of some footprints that cause this to happen? If yes, what are the best footprints you guys are using, for all platform, article directory, image and blog comment, social bookmark, forum, etc... Much appreciate if you guys can help out. Thanks! @Ozz @s4nt0s @ron

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Asking for what footprints we use is kinda like asking to share out lists. It's best to come up with your own footprints or use Gscrapers footprint extractor tool to try and extract footprints. The beauty of using your own footprints is that you'll be scraping sites that not all other users will be scraping so if you share your footprints with everyone else, more and more people will be hitting a lot of the same sites.

I will be releasing a totally free software here in the next few days that allows you easily add/delete your own footprints to your engines. It doesn't generate them for you though, you have to add them yourself.

I believe Loopline (Matt) has a youtube channel with videos showing how to create footprints via Scrapebox. I know its an old video but I think it should help with the basics.

Screenshot:

• Basically I'm using GSA built-in footprints, because I thought if scraping some sites that GSA doesn't support is useless. Hmm.. That means I've to go through each and every of the GSA footprint and delete the less useful one :) Thanks!