Skip to content

Is it ok to use contextual links also for Tier 2 & 3 ?

I was curious about this, I seen some people show links they use for each tier and I seen some say they do not use contextual links for tier 2 or 3.

Comments

• any opinions on this ? I'm doing some new pyramids and I'm using contextual on tier 2 so far and I planned to try them on tier 3 too, but If this is a bad idea maybe I should abort it. 
  • If you look at @ozz and @ron campaign guidelines they use them. It makes no sense to build links to shitty links like video comments. The junky links are there to pump up the contextual links and help them get indexed. I only use contextual for tier 1. I have (2) tier 2s - contextual and junk. I have (2)tier 3s - contextual and junk that only link to contextual tier 2.
  • ^^ he's right, but at the same time you should test your own method and see what works. Although the various guides on here and elsewhere are great, they might leave a pattern/footprint and then it won't work. Use your own style and you 'should' be cool for a very long time if you keep varying it up.