Skip to content

Can We Have the "Contextual Platform" filter - Only Select Platforms that...

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
create contextual links rather than profiles? 

Many of us would like to submit spun articles so we can get some good contextual links, but as stated elsewhere, there are many profiles that we have to deselect so that we don't get profile links. 

Can this "Submit to Contextual Link" filter be updated to remove these platforms that just create profiles?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, as you don't know if some engine can create the contextual link or not. The option is for allowing you to choose engines that CAN create these links but of course some might fail and only deliver a profile link.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Its not as easy as you think.

- In some cases a profile link is needed/usefull if the site has a "About the author" field next to the article
    - SER don't know if only a profile is allowed on that site or not

SER tries to create a profile first and then it tries to create an article. It has to delete the profile then if no article submission is allowed.
  • What you could to is to find and use only footprints for those platforms that most propably allow to create blogs/articles. You have to change the "search term="  in your script or only import prescraped list though.
    This could reduce the number of sites which only allowing profile links.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    After the program has checked to see if it has submitted a contextual link is it able to see if it was a profile or contextual link that was created?

The reason I ask, is that if you go to view verified, I would very much like a feature where I can select all "Contextual Links" that are verified. Like the mask, but just the option that does it. (I am not sure how to use the mask to only find contextual links). 

If the program can check for a contextual link, a further idea would be to have the option for the program to save these platforms to global site lists as a contextual link. Then we know which platforms in the sitelist will generate a contextual link and not just a profile for future projects.