Skip to content

A couple questions on how the captcha functions wor

If I have a project set to use all services, and have services added in this order

cb
cs
dbc

How is gsa running thru these exactly, is it sending the captcha first to cb, then if it fails it sends it to cs, and if it fails that it finally sends it to dbc as a last resort?

In the options of cb i see i can send failed solves of cb automaticallly to spamvilla which is cool. Is there a way to set things up so that anything spamvilla cant solve, that then gets sent to dbc as a last resort?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you can add SpamVilla as fist captcha solution in SER, second CB and than DBC....skip CS it's useless if you have CB.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    I dont want to choke out the 10 thread limit of spamvilla by setting it first, I love having the main workhorse set as cb and then just send stuff it cant solve to spamvilla. But i want to make sure that anything spamvilla fails will then be sent to dbc for manual solve as a last resort.

CS cant solve anything that cb does not?

So I am good with what i want with just

cb primary, set in cb options to send unsolves to spamvilla, and then if spamv fails that will send it to dbc if its set as my second option in gsa settings. i just want to make sure im not misunderstanding the lineup that way in how it works. if my second option in gsa is dbc, but cb is interally set to send to spamvilla....is that going to battle each other?
    edited November 2013
    i was just looking at my cb messages and am seeing tons of this. does this mean it doesnt even try to solve them and just skips them automatically when it sees its recaptcha? since it says 0 seconds as time spent and skipped by settings

Yes, skipped as it is unchecked or you use the option to skip all captchas with a low success rate. Keep in mind that the current success rate is just 12%.
    so all the months ive been using this it never tried to solve any recaps at all? is it set that way by default for a time/results ratio reason ? I just looked at the program and see it doesnt have all of the captcha types checked under each main part so i clicked them all for full checks except the video which i dont use.

where is the recap specific option?
    On first install it disables captcha types with low success rate. So yes, recaptcha might have been disabled all the time. Though nothing to worry as ReCaptcha success rate was recently improved, was on 1% before, now 12% (or maybe even higher).
    cool

can you confirm how it will process as far as preferential sequence if i have it setup as described above. main cb with option to send fails to spamvilla. but with dbc set as second option in gsa main settings.

will spamvilla get the second attempt or will it go to dbc, if the former will it go to dbc if spamvilla fails?

thanks

Well what can I say more to this topic? I have described the procedure already.

captchas get sent to 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... captcha service until one gives a reply. For CB it'S the same. If CB is unable to solve it, it sends it to the captcha service.

edited November 2013
    sven im sorry to be a pest, i understood the internal gsa settings sequence, i just wasnt sure about using the protocol the guy above mentioned about setting cb internal settings to send to spamvilla vs setting spamvilla up in gsa internal sequence and if it would use dbc as the final one despite being second in the gsa listing.
    If you don't have to, do not set things up in CB...only in SER.
    ok, ill do that, there was another thread where a guy said he got better results using internal cb vs gsa settings for spamv. ill follow up with him, and test it myself

thanks for your patience