Skip to content

ability to embed youtube videos in content?

Is there an easy way to do this for sites that allow contextual embeds of youtube videos? Not links to the video, but actual embeds so the video shows up in the blog post or wherever.

I guess I could add the embed code into the content setup but was wondering if gsa had some magic where i could just enter the yt vid url and it sucked out the embed code, or if i add the embed code to one spot, it would randomly insert it into content wherever it can

thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You can use the normal iframe thing. A macro for a random video related to your projects keywords can be used by using %random_video%.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Thanks that will come in handy, though i am looking to embed a bunch of my own videos
    Than have a look in content_search.dat to see how youtube should be embedded.
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    I am testing the Ser built-in feature "add random video" up to 1 with own urls where i added some youtube video urls one per line. I am running it on contextuals (articles, social n) but no luck getting videos in article. I previously used yt embedded code spinned into my text and it worked, so I know these engines accept youtube embedded code.

@Sven Am i doing something wrong, or could this be improved? Thanks!
    send me the project backup please.
    Could it be engine related, that Ser is using iframe, therefore i was using old embedded (object) code... so with Ser's feature only engines that allow iframe allow videos? Cause i am seeing first video on joomla engine now and it is iframe, so from there my guesses...
    propably. Though if you think other engines might support the object code more, let me know and I modify the engines.
    @Sven After i had no luck with iframe video code in contextuals, i hoped to get videos in submitting Web 2.0 (serengines). I looked through all 60 web 2.0 one by one, and there was no video at all. I think in most cases the old object code would work better, as the iframe feature seems useless at the moment. I read about the same topic on Rankwyz forum where they also use object code for submitting web 2.0 instead of iframe for more success.

One more thing i noticed about adding random image, is that when i want it to add 2 images, very often Ser adds the same image twice.

the object code is can be used when I know where that works. I have to modify the engines a bit.

custom iframe format=<object .... >

Just need to know where you can place object and where iframe does not work. Would be nice if you can deliver the engine names.

• @Sven, it seems that object code works everywhere: I manually inserted the oblect code it the form
    "<br><center><object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="{//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/{YouTubeID|YouTubeID|...}?rel=0?}"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="{//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/{YouTubeID|YouTubeID|...}?rel=0}" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></center><br><br><center><a href="%random_url%">%random_sanchor_text%</a></center><br>".

But I'm not 100% sure. Maybe SER can use both codes with the option for user which one they want?
    the problem with the object code is that it is for youtube only...i don't see that one working for other video platforms.
  • @Sven, haven't really understand what you mean... We want to build in Youtube videos and SER builds in Youtube's videos, doesn't it???

What have other video platforms to do with this?
    If you have a look into content_search.ini you will notice that there are a lot other platforms included from where SER inserts videos. If I add a custom iframe syntax fro certain engines, it means it will only work for youtube and not for the other platforms.
  • OK, @Sven, but at least for Youtube it will work - if this implementation will not affect other video platforms.
    The way SER works it would need a object code working for all platforms not just one provider.