Skip to content

How does "Import URLs (identify platform and sort in)" work?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Hi

Forgive me if this has been asked many times before - I've not found a thread about it.

I have a batch of URLs that I'd like to plug into SER and have the program use but I'm curious as to how SER works with regards to imported URLs.

Would I be correct to say that when you paste in your URLs and the platform has been found by SER they are kept in "Save identified sites to" location?  If so, what does SER then do with this list?  Does the list get cleaned up by SER so if, for example, the site isn't submittable, is it removed from the list?  Or is it attempted to time and time again?  Is there a way of cleaning up the list or perhaps just submitting to successfully submitted / verified sites?

Thanks

M.

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    "Is there a way of cleaning up the list or perhaps just submitting to successfully submitted / verified sites?" - You can just import either of these lists into the specific project. Under import target url's. 

Also - you need to dedupe your list every week. Options --Advanced -- Tools -- Remove Duplicates

I assume that submitted links in the submitted list, get removed and added to the verified list when they get verified, but Sven will have to confirm this.

• @martinm: The URLs you import go into the "identified" folder. Then as you run your project, SER will submit to them (they then go in the "submitted" folder). If, after submitting them, a verified link is found, it is put in the "verified" folder.

It is the same process that SER does for you when it is searching for sites to try to post to. You have just eliminated the first step (having SER do the searches). In effect, you are telling SER you have already done the search and found these potential sites to post to. And then SER takes it from there.