Skip to content

Macro Spinfolder for KWS Not Working Me Anymore...

I have a folder with multiple files each with 1000 kws inside.

I used to use this macro with no problem:  %spinfolder-C:\users\myfolder%

And then GSA SER would pull ONE SINGLE kw from a random file without that folder.

However, I was clicking on "test" today and found that this macro no longer works for me.  What GSA SER is doing is selecting ALL 1000 kws from that SINGLE file and displaying that in the "test" screen.  I can only assume they will use the 1000 kws for scraping as well?

I hope it's some macro error that I'm doing.  I've also tried to combine %spinfile- with $spinfolder by looking at the macro guide but can't seem to get it to work.

Anyone know how to set the macro so that it pulls ONE SINGLE RANDOM kw from a file within a folder of thousands of files?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Sorry but thats wrong. Spinfolder is pulling the whole content from a file in that folder, not just a line.

However you can add spin syntax around it (first line with { at start, last line with } at end and other lines with | at end).

• Thx Sven, I found out I forgot one step.

After splitting the files, I need to convert them into SPINTAX, thx for the reminder Sven! :)
  • it is not for your case but ser doesn't support Cyrillic symbols in file/folder names. so it will not work with folder C:\Users\Вася\Documents . it is not good.