Skip to content

New Feature - Relevant URLs

Right now GSA has option to post several relevant URLs inside content, but I think this need to be improved.

Let me explain:

If we want to blast comments and other spammy links to 1st or 2nd layer where is link to our money site
then we need to have not just our URL there but also some authority sites.

Currently GSA posts some kind of generic search engine links, but I think it is very easily recognized.
If google team has access to this software (and they do) they can find list of platforms that we use.

It would be much better if GSA can find top 10 results for current keyword and use those sites as related URLs.
Or even to give us option to load URL list scraped by scrapebox.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can do that already. Just edit the generic_urls.dat file.
  • Yes, but for each project URLs need to be different.

Well I don't want to add an URL for a totally unrelevant anchor. This is not a good idea SEO wise in my eyes. However I can see the need to place better random URLs and might think about this.

But you can (with some extra work) do this by using the format in generic URLs as seen in the bottom.

• It is very natural to link to related authority sites.
    And that is all idea about this.

edited October 2013
    Yes but not if you link like
    <a href="http://www.topicaboutdogs.com">Something else</a>
  • No. I would like just to use FULL url of some keywords related authority sites.

For example if I'm posting something for keyword "iPhone" it can just place something like this:

Related links:

------

Something like this will be much much better for SEO then anything else.

OK that makes sense of course.
  • So, basically GSA should do search on Google for keyword that is used currently and take first 5 results and just use them as authority sites.

We can spin text "related links" with something like:
    related links, resources, more about {keyword}...etc...

edited October 2013

You can use this in article like...

Related links:
    - %random_link%
    - %random_link%

Though this will just insert the plain URLs and no link. But most engines should place a link around this anyway.
  • ??? so what %random_link% actually do ??
  • I mean that is already exist ?

It exists. It uses your keyword or anchor text, searches for target urls and uses the result from search engines here.

However I just added %related_url_link% macro for next version where you have the link as well getting added.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @miki - doing what you suggest means that you're building links to your competitor sites often since they are the top 5 or am I missing something?
  • Yes, I'm doing that. Trust me, that is the way to build links nowadays :)
    If you have just one article and only link to your site, and you blast million blog comments and guestbook comments to that page, it is very clear that you are the one who is doing bad linking...

• Sven,

I wanted to test this new feature %related_url_link%
    but when I click on Test inside project on next screen I just see "%related_url_link%" in place where I added it.
    It didn't put any link actually.

Can you please check it.

• For %random_link% the same.

Thats something more complex which is not working on TEST...just working on submission.
  • Sven, there is one issue with this new macro:
    it always use HTML code around URL.

On wikis it is not good format, also one some web20 like wordpress.

Is there any way around to use always good format for URL ?
    Well html format is always converted to proper wiki/bbcode or other format. Where did you see this not happening?
  • In all Media Wiki links I got now.
    Can I send you PM with URLs ?
  • Ok, I sent u PM with examples..
    Even on wordpess.org is that bug
    fixed...will release a new version.