Skip to content

"Proxy 123.45.67.89:10 might be blocked on _______" - but manual test works fine.

I have 30 dedicated proxies from BuyProxies.org. I just got these proxies about 4 or 5 days ago and I'm getting a lot of these notifications in the log file. I have tested a few of these out just by going to the site with a browser using the proxy in question and it seems like they are working fine. 

There are countless lines like "Proxy xx.xx.xxx.xx:80 blocked on _______" in the log files so clearly GSA is not getting through. Anyone know why a manual check works but GSA doesn't?

Comments

• haryonoharyono in your heart
    select 180 in your custom time to wait between search engine queries in option tab
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Be careful with "manual test works" as your browser might send other data to the URL via proxies that make it not appear as blocked.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    If you double click on the query in SER related to that block message and your receiving no results in your browser under your own IP address, then that message is false. However, if your seeing results when doing the above, then it's a good chance the proxy is blocked.

I've noticed many false positives with those blocked messages in SER.

Maybe @sven could make a sticky post or something explaining this as i'm sure he's tired of all the posts about it.
  • Ive tested the proxies within GSA using the custom option on some sites such as DuckDuckGo.com and they come back as working just fine as well. 

So not only does manual testing work (although Sven stated why it would even if they are banned) but so does testing within GSA.