Skip to content

6.44 Captcha Sniper bug

HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
So after 6.44 (or maybe even 6.43, not too sure as I wasn't paying that much attention last week or so) SER is doing something weird with Captcha Sniper. 

It's starting and shutting down CS all the time. It seems like it want's to keep it running when there are captchas to solve and shut it down when there are no captchas. This happens every few seconds and after a few minutes of this "on / off dancing", CS just stops responding. 

Even if I close everything, start CS first and then SER, as soon as I hit Start in SER, it will shut down CS and then run it again in a few seconds, starting the "on / off dance" again.

When SER is off, CS behaves normally as expected so it's not a problem on their end.

Any help regarding this would be awesome as SER is basically unusable as it is.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited August 2013
    I promise there is nothing that SER does to shut CS down. Though it starts it again if it finds it not running (crashed on analyzing as seen so often). So the issue IS on their end.
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    Well then there could be a bug in SER that makes it think that CS crashed. 

While I know CS is hardly the most stable program on the planet, the ONLY change that happened between CS working fine and this crazy state is the update of SER. And CS is working COMPLETELY FINE when SER isn't running. 

I've tried running CS and then starting only 1 project in verify only mode (no captchas needed) and CS still crashes the second I hit the start button (only now SER doesn't start it back up)

Do you have any idea how to fix this? Cause I'm 99% sure that if I ask the CS guy about this he will tell me it's SER's problem, resulting in a serious catch 22. :(
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Yea sure, Mikey is always pretending his code is clean. But you seem to be the only person with this problem.

Anyway when you are saying CS is running fine and only crashes with SER, what other programs do you use it with than?

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2013
    it may be a long shot but to my knowledge CS has issues with one captcha type at least and crashes. it is possible that the cached URL in SER are targeting sites with this captcha type at the moment. so you might try to delete your URL cache to see if its making any difference.

you can also download an app called CSmonitor. within this file there is an image of the captcha type which causing the trouble (i believe).
    maybe you see this in the log of CS. then you should know for sure why its happening atm.
    to download this app: www.captchasniper.com/csmonitor.zip

you can also try to roll back to SER v4.43 to see if its make a difference. you find the old SER.exe in your installation folder.

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    edited August 2013
    Well once again, I realized that CS doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

Reinstalled CS and the problem is gone. It's about time I bought CB. x(

Thank you for your time and I apologize for wasting it.