Skip to content

How to configure SER to conpletely avoid URL as anchor text ??

My site is very old (since 1997) and according to G webmaster tools my URL is still the most linked anchor-text.
The actual keyword now is second most anchor text. Before it was worst and for a while I dropped to G #8-9. Since increase of links with keywords the SERPS also improved again.

Right now and for the past many months I am stuck on G SERPS #4 for my main keyword and am sure that an increase in keyword as anchor text would help me.

Therefore I strictly want to avoid URL as anchor test in link building by SER and I have avoided any such entry in the configuration for my running projects. Yet I still see a fairly large % of URLs appearing as anchor texts.

How to take full control of anchor texts being used and how to strictly avoid URL as anchor text??

any help is deeply appreciated

P.S.:
As keywords I have strictly page relevant keywords entered
same as anchor text = only a variety of my favorite anchor texts needed for ranking.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited August 2013

Highlight all the projects for that website, and look at Show URLs=>Verified. Sort by anchor text, and look at platform or engine. You will have your answer very fast.

• edited August 2013
    I have done as you told
    and see what I knew = massive number of URL instead of actual anchor texts
    even lots of EMPTY anchors
    some gibberish
    some Chinese (real Chinese)

so now I see in stats what I know from ongoing link verifications

I still don't know WHY and HOW SER does that instead of using my configured anchor texts ??
    there must be a way to avoid using ANY Fantasy word or URL instead of the configured keywords and anchor text words

additional configuration help appreciated
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'd guess it was an indexer link? 
  • one type I understand = the URL sortener
    but then I had
    - ViperGB only URLand a few other guestbooks UURL
    - bellabook ONLY "www" as anchor
    - blogtronix only URL
    - YOURLS = only URL
    - Pligg -
    - unknown guestbook majority of empty anchor + a few other engines with just a FEW empty anchors

If I understand that THOSE a.m. and a few others fail to follow MY default SER config for anchor = I may need to disable / uncheck all those engines producing URL anchors ???

Is that correct ?
    - or
    another solution to enable real anchor texts ??
  • ronron SERLists.com

You have to remember that a lot of websites based on certain engines only allow URL's regardless of what you put in the anchor field. Manually go to some of those websites and try dropping a link - you will see what I mean. So the best bet is to give those engines a pass and focus on other engines.

• I understood that problem and unchecked all engines that offer no anchor text
    as far as I can see the last hour the situation improves
    I need asap some 20'000 BLs with clean anchor for my start page - it seems to work now toward that goal